Two Thai suspects arrested at Chiang Mai Railway Station for reportedly carrying thousands of methamphetamine pills in luggage

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

Chiang Mai – Two Thai nationals were arrested at Chiang Mai Railway Station on Monday, September 26th, after reportedly carrying a total of 200,000 methamphetamine tablets in their luggage while departing for the central region.

Peerapong, 31, and Sangthian, 26, from Ayutthaya, were caught while they were about to get on a train, heading to Bangkok, with suspicious behaviors.

Chiang Mai police, who was previously notified about possible smuggling at the train station from anonymous concerned citizens, took both of them to the Sila At Railway Police Station for an examination.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/26/two-thai-suspects-arrested-at-chiang-mai-railway-station-for-reportedly-carrying-thousands-of-methamphetamine-pills-in-luggage/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

with suspicious behaviors.

hope they weren't taking their own stash.....looks like someone called ahead.  good.  

yea, train stations have tons of police.   Plus, the trains are relatively empty now so it's easier to see the criminals.  forget if there are dogs.....i don't think so.  

Last time at a train station I saw two falangs tattooed up, face to foot, man and woman, white hair and both wearing short shorts and wife beaters, walking in a downpour over the tracks without an umbrella.  

I went for my phone for a picture, but they disappeared behind a train.

that wasn't suspicious, just your typical falang in LOS enjoying nature....lol