Where is this place ? Investigation time in BKK

Baron Samedi

Hi guys ????

For those passionate about investigation, here is an opportunity to sharpen your skills.

I'm trying to figure out where a specific place is (the one in the video below).

Here are a few hints:

- Canal with a temple

- Abandoned railway next to the canal

- On the author's way to MBK

This is not much. Reason why I come ask on here ????

Here is the video. Thank you !

38 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Sansaeb Canal where the commuter boat runs, the picture shown is around Wireless road pier

The railway bits are near Makkasan there's railway yard and slum in that area north of Petchburi Rd 

Thanks, detective digbeth ????

My god, this forum is just too good.

One can virtually ask anything and get the correct answer within 10 mins ????

Anyways, looks like a cool place to visit.

Gonna give it a go...

if he was walking near the wireless road canal, maybe the train track between nana/pleonchit, I used to live at life one wireless and recognize some buildings at the beginning, that's what I would guess, so maybe go to wireless road at the canal and walk east, just a guess though, I haven't been in Thailand long 

you could probably ask him in YouTube comments, he answers sometimes

Edited by dj230
  • Thumbs Up 1

Found the place.

It's actually a very nice walk.

1) MRT Petchaburi

2) Walk along the Saen Seap canal opposite the Asoke pier towards Wat Makkasan. That means you gotta go West (the temple will be on the opposite side at some point).

3) Keep pushing till you reach the slum then go up the stairs in front of you and you will reach the abandoned railway.

4) Turn left and follow the tracks South through the slum till you reach Ploenchit.

5) Go home with the BTS.

Great adventure !

Thanks to all of you guys who contributed in solving the mystery of the lost slum ????

Edited by Baron Samedi

57 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

Found the place.

It's actually a very nice walk.

1) MRT Petchaburi

2) Walk along the Saen Seap canal opposite the Asoke pier towards Wat Makkasan. That means you gotta go West (the temple will be on the opposite side at some point).

3) Keep pushing till you reach the slum then go up the stairs in front of you and you will reach the abandoned railway.

4) Turn left and follow the tracks South through the slum till you reach Ploenchit.

5) Go home with the BTS.

Great adventure !

Thanks to all of you guys who contributed in solving the mystery of the lost slum ????

And did you see her?

How is the food and does she like you? ???? 

• Haha 2

Have they stopped running the oil tanker trains along that stretch of railway?  Years ago when drinking in Soi Zero (which also went by the name of Buckskin Joe Village) next to the Sukhumvit Road crossing, under the expressway, you used to get a free one of what ever you were drinking when / if a train went past.  I thought they were still running them at night?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And did you see her?

How is the food and does she like you? ???? 

I have seen the "restaurant" and a girl. But was it THE girl ? I dunno ????

No I didn't eat there. Maybe next time who knows.

Honestly that walk was pretty unreal. Never been in the middle of a slum before.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Have they stopped running the oil tanker trains along that stretch of railway?  Years ago when drinking in Soi Zero (which also went by the name of Buckskin Joe Village) next to the Sukhumvit Road crossing, under the expressway, you used to get a free one of what ever you were drinking when / if a train went past.  I thought they were still running them at night?

At night I have no idea but I didn't see any train while I was there.

Didn't spend much time there though. Just walked through really.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

At night I have no idea but I didn't see any train while I was there.

Didn't spend much time there though. Just walked through really.

I know they were talking about stopping them, as a long train full of flammable oil running through the middle of Bangkok was a bit of a hazard, not to mention the inconvenience of blocking Sukhumvit, and the expressway ramp leading to it, whenever a train went past, but I thought they still ran them at night.  The tracks in the still from the video in your OP look fairly well maintained, and shiny on top.  Abandoned ones tend to get rusty tops fairly quickly.  It used to be quite a sight as they moved slowly along, giving all the people living along the sides time to clear all their belongings and children off the track.

Anyway, doesn't really matter.  I was just wondering.  I have a place not too far from there, but, other than going across in the skytrain, don't go that way too often at night.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

The tracks in the still from the video in your OP look fairly well maintained, and shiny on top.  Abandoned ones tend to get rusty tops fairly quickly.

Good point, man. Very observant. Yeah in that case, those trains might still be active. I guess it's surprising to me due to all those people living around. But it's simply as you said: trains going through that part slowly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Never been in the middle of a slum before.

In my existing but limited experience this is normally no problem.

Just be careful with any jokes because Thais often don't understand them - even if they are obvious for us.

And avoid drunk guys, especially in those areas. 

• Thumbs Up 1