World class tennis returns to True Arena Hua Hin in October

webfact

image.jpeg
File photo

By Online Reporter

True Arena celebrates the return of the ITF World Tennis Tour to Hua Hin from 03-16 October 2022, kindly supported by CAL-COMP & CCAU Industry 4.0.

Presiding over the tournament will be His Excellency, Suwat Liptapanlop, a huge tennis fan and the proud owner of True Arena Hua Hin, one of Asia’s top tennis stadiums.

Tournament director and former World No. 9 Thai Tennis legend, Paradorn Srichapan, said:

“It is going to be a great tournament. There’s a 25,000 USD prize money purse each week up for grabs, so the players will be out there to win. I’m really looking forward to seeing the New-Gen Thai players out on the courts. Also, watch for the higher-ranked international players who will be looking to add Hua Hin to their list of ITF wins.”

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/world-class-tennis-returns-to-true-arena-hua-hin-in-october/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-09-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Good. Srichapan was a favorite of mine back in the day. He had an outstanding game, was the most accomplished Thai tennis player in history, won 5 ATP tour titles and made it to the 3rd or 4th round of every one of the slams. He is a great ambassador for the game and a good example for the youth. 

But why is Suwat referred to as his excellency? Prior political positions? He is an accomplished man. But his excellency? 

Edited by spidermike007

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Good. Srichapan was a favorite of mine back in the day. He had an outstanding game, was the most accomplished Thai tennis player in history, won 5 ATP tour titles and made it to the 3rd or 4th round of every one of the slams. He is a great ambassador for the game and a good example for the youth.

Paradon's mistake was to keep playing when he had a wrist injury, and that ultimately ended his career. As a tennis journalist over many decades, I met him countless times and he was always unfailingly polite as well as being an accomplished player. Same as his female counterpart, Tamarine Tanasugarn.

But to call the event 'world class' is stretching it more than a bit. It is just about the lowest rung of the ladder for professional players and no players that most have ever heard of will be taking part.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Paradon's mistake was to keep playing when he had a wrist injury, and that ultimately ended his career. As a tennis journalist over many decades, I met him countless times and he was always unfailingly polite as well as being an accomplished player. Same as his female counterpart, Tamarine Tanasugarn.

But to call the event 'world class' is stretching it more than a bit. It is just about the lowest rung of the ladder for professional players and no players that most have ever heard of will be taking part.

Never said the event was world class. I referred to Paradorn as world class. Top ten. No question the event is second class. But, that is all they can attract, right now. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Never said the event was world class. I referred to Paradorn as world class. Top ten. No question the event is second class. But, that is all they can attract, right now. 

I never said that you said the event was world class. The headline says it is world class. It isn't.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I never said that you said the event was world class. The headline says it is world class. It isn't.

I agree. I do not think Thailand has the clout to attract the top players. I am amazed they were able to attract Moto GP. That is likely the most prestigious international event Thailand hosts. It is a shame it was canceled two years in a row. Likely just another black eye for Thailand. Others were eager to host it, despite covid.