Will Prayut return as PM? Ball in Constitutional Court

webfact

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

If he was acting as caretaker PM when he ousted the then government, he wouldn't officially be PM, e.g. sworn in as PM, so he would be in the position as acting/care taker PM, which is not really his position, suffice to say, I believe he will get a few more months out of it, i.e. when he was officially sworn in as PM and received the salary of such a position. 

Roll your dices people, could go either way, but my money is on him returning for the short term to finish his 8 year term as the officially sworn in PM.

Someone will find a way to interpret the law so that he finishes 8 years currently, so that he doesn't lose face. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If he was acting as caretaker PM when he ousted the then government, he wouldn't officially be PM, e.g. sworn in as PM, so he would be in the position as acting/care taker PM, which is not really his position, suffice to say, I believe he will get a few more months out of it, i.e. when he was officially sworn in as PM and received the salary of such a position. 

Roll your dices people, could go either way, but my money is on him returning for the short term to finish his 8 year term as the officially sworn in PM.

So....technically, he was never sworn in officially - but appointed as an illegal coup interim. That would include the highly bogus and manipulated election of last. Items of fact that we all know or should know. 

Apparently, all this matters not to the officialdom, elite authorities and the never challenging/questioning media. 

My bet would be on the highly partisan Constitutional Court to come to the conclusion that he has been a caretaker of sorts all these years, and by default granted another eight years by judicial appointment - naturally blessed by the king......which makes it all too real. 

And everything remains dandy [as they want it] throughout the kingdom. 

Don't be looking behind the curtain, as there's nothing to see - 

Same as it ever was.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

In Thailand it's a newly elected Parliament that elects the PM and includes the vote by the Senate. Thailand does not have a President as Head of Government nor as Head of State.

Ministers of Parliament are elected and currently Ministers of the Senate were installed indirectly by the military coup leadership.

Which seems to be the way it's been for decades upon decades - tradition. 

Remember why the Thai military exist. 

Constitutional Monarchy.

Emphasis on Monarchy and associated Ammat. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

So....technically, he was never sworn in officially - but appointed as an illegal coup interim. That would include the highly bogus and manipulated election of last. Items of fact that we all know or should know. 

Apparently, all this matters not to the officialdom, elite authorities and the never challenging/questioning media. 

My bet would be on the highly partisan Constitutional Court to come to the conclusion that he has been a caretaker of sorts all these years, and by default granted another eight years by judicial appointment - naturally blessed by the king......which makes it all too real. 

And everything remains dandy [as they want it] throughout the kingdom. 

Don't be looking behind the curtain, as there's nothing to see - 

Same as it ever was.

resuming and concluding, Thailand back to stone age, one step forward and 5 backwards

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Article 158 states: “The prime minister shall not hold office for more than eight years in total...

Why? Same as the US system. I have little doubt that Obama would have got a third term if people in the self-proclaimed world's greatest democracy were allowed to vote for him, but they were denied that right and they and the world got Trump instead. Think about it - the only person American citizens couldn't choose as President was the President.

It should, it must, be that the only ones who decide who can stand for election are the people, not the courts. Is there any other job where people are removed after working it for eight years?

Of course, there are millions who believe that Trump was a better representative for America than Obama, but then some believe the moon landing was fake and the Mars landing took place in Arizona.

Don't take this as an endorsement for Prayut.

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

resuming and concluding, Thailand back to stone age, one step forward and 5 backwards

Perhaps. It matters not except that they retain the hold on everything. Rhetorical means to an end. 

.....and all the surface punditry and critical commentary will continue on from those usual circles chasing themselves around and around. 

Yet, the grand tree is still rooted.