Meter Taxi Fare To Bkk

brooklynbridge

I went to my usual procurer of meter taxis to Bangkok. I have always paid 800 Baht plus tolls. Today, I was told that the fare would be 1100 Baht, tolls included. When I asked why the price had gone up, the woman said that petrol is more expensive. I finally bargained down to 1000 Baht. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I still see 800 Baht signs all over Pattaya. Are we getting baited and switched?

I went to my usual procurer of meter taxis to Bangkok. I have always paid 800 Baht plus tolls. Today, I was told that the fare would be 1100 Baht, tolls included. When I asked why the price had gone up, the woman said that petrol is more expensive. I finally bargained down to 1000 Baht. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I still see 800 Baht signs all over Pattaya. Are we getting baited and switched?

800 baht plus tolls seems to be the going rate.

Shop around if your usual supplier is charging you more and you don`t wish to pay it.

I pay 800 plus tolls :o

Be careful who you go to. I once went to a taxi stand at the Soi Bua Khao end of Soi Chaiyapoon. There was a huge sticker saying it was 800 baht to the Airport.. I told her I wanted to book it and she told me I should go in a private car for about 1,200 instead because the 800 baht Taxi-meters arent safe. I told her I want the 800 baht car but she would not, she insisted I go in a private car. So I went to 'Cambodia Inter' down Soi Bua Khao and got one for 800 baht plus tolls in a private car, no problems at all.. :D

I once booked a taxi from a Taxi shop across the road from Seasider 2 on Soi Chaiyapoon, I was going to meet a friend at Bangkok airport. Waited for the taxi and when it was 10 minutes late I called the shop. They said the car had broken down and that they would send another 'soon'. Waited another 30 minutes, nothing. When we called, they said he couldnt make it. We had to go to get our money back from the shop and pay for an immidiate taxi to bangkok from another shop. I got there 1 hour late. Thank god I wasnt catching a flight!!!

You've been ripped off.

People must understand that Pattaya-airport taxi fares have absolutely NOTHING to do with fuel price.

The taxis came from either Bangkok City or the airport for 1400 baht and need to get back. If they don't get a fare back, they'll have to return empty and foot the entire fuel bill themselves.

In actual fact when a customer pays 800 baht for a "taxi meter" to the airport, the taxi driver is only getting 500 baht and the booking agent makes 300.

Independent taxis who want business have no choice but to equal the 800 baht fare the "taxi-meters" are asking for. It's up to them if they want to try and push the envelope by hitting inexperienced travellers for more.

Everything in Pattaya is a hustle and it pays to stay on top of the game. This is where the ThaiVisa forum comes to its own.

Edited by tropo