Police helmet checks in Hua Hin?

Suphawk

Every town and province is different. Just curious how is it here in Hua Hin?

I see a good number of Thais riding without helmets as usual in Thailand. And a couple of Farang here and there without a helmet. 

Do the police actively have checkpoints to check helmets and license etc as I've seen elsewhere?

Question is, why try to dodge your responsibility.

Pretty clear it's no longer accepted riding without a helmet.

As a side note, what applies to Thai in certain situations very rarely if ever, same for farang(or haven't you noticed).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It amazes me (Udon Thani) knowing there are multiple stops scattered throughout the city. Usually with spotters … but you see Farangs and locals not wearing helmets.. .. .. find a comfortable helmet 

whatever style…. … wear it for safety and to save money…. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DJ54 said:

It amazes me (Udon Thani) knowing there are multiple stops scattered throughout the city. Usually with spotters … but you see Farangs and locals not wearing helmets.. .. .. find a comfortable helmet 

whatever style…. … wear it for safety and to save money…. 

I went to buy a helmet in Udon Thani. Out of about fifty helmets the only one was big enough was a pink one. I bought it so I don't know what the next farang is going to buy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, hkt83100 said:

Take care of your health and wear a helmet. If you need police checks to remind you of the easiest safety measures there is something seriously wrong, maybe about the body part which should be protected.

When I first came to Thailand many years ago I was riding without a helmet. One day while riding my motorcycle I rode into a swarm of bees and had many stings in the face and neck. So now I always wear a full face helmet, lesson learned.