Non-O retirement extension, Pattaya rental address requirements

Regarding a rental contract, Jomtien appears to be the only place, which requires the landlord's ID and house registration and also a Copy of the household registration that the room you rent.

Presume that means you need a signed copy of the Tabean Bann for both the landlord's address on their ID card and also for the property that is on the rental contract.

Also presume that the same would be required for renting an apartment, as well as a house or condo.

Is there a minimun length of the rental contract? Must it be a 1 year contract or can it be 3 or 6 months?

From all the added address requirements, I think it would be a stretch to hope that Jomtien would accept a rental contract in your Thai partner's name along with her ID and signed declaration of living together.

It would be greatly appreciated, if anyone who has recent experience could confirm what was accepted.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about Jomtien requirements, but I know in Phuket, where I applied for a 90-day Type-O visa (earlier this week), I was asked for either:
(1) copy of my lease and the landlord's ID/house registration,  or
(2) copy of my deed for a condo I owned, and copies of pages from the associated Blue book.

This information is not listed on the Phuket volunteers website as being required for a 90-day-type-O visa (that I could see - maybe I missed it ?? ), but I was asked for this information/copies at immigration.

I own a condo, so I provided a copy of 'my deed' and copies of my 'Yellow book'.  They initially accepted that, but I will see if later they ask for the old 'Blue book' pages copies ...

The Phuket IO asked I exchange Line social media information, so they could confirm my residence.  A couple of days after the type-O visa was submitted, I was asked to do a short video chat with the Immigration, showing me in my condo (in the video chat), showing me by my condo door (where condo # visible), and by the condo road entrance (showing condo name/address).

Apologies, I can't provide any experience with regard if one is a renter - but the point I wanted to make is other immigration offices also have requirements that can appear unique to them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the informative update

At Jomtien, I didn't have to do a video chat, but an IO, and his friend, visited me on the very next day after my application was successfully submitted.

Rang me up and told me they were on their way to me and to wait for them in front of the building. They couldn't find the place, so I explained in Thai how to find it and stood out in the street waving.

They took a few photos at the entrance and lobby and filled in another form confirming my address.

That was after submitting the original contract plus three copies, signed on every page. Along with the signed tabien baan of and ID card of the owner and the tabien baan of the actualy rental address.

Required a 3 month or more rental contract in either my name, or my partners and my name.

• Like 1