Has STV ended?

They should initially be checking the Thai Embassy websites for availability of Visa types.

By the order of the Ministry of Interior of the Kingdom of Thailand dated 1 October B.E. 2564 (2021), a Special Tourist Visa (STV) has been extended to 30 September 2022.

Please kindly be informed that the STV visa will not be continued thereafter.
https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

The e visa site has not been updated to remove the STV.

The order for STV's was not extended.

Having not been (anywhere) for a while.... I really didn't look into STV at all.

Am i correct in thinking that one may still get a SETV (Single Entry) in UK?

Good for 60 days, as used to be or 90?

Still extendable for 30 days?

16 minutes ago, VBF said:

Am i correct in thinking that one may still get a SETV (Single Entry) in UK?

Good for 60 days, as used to be or 90?

Still extendable for 30 days?

You can obtain eVisa SETV in UK that will give you a 60 day stamp upon entry into Thailand and can be extended by 30 days.

May not be so popular currently as visa exempt entry gives a stamp of 45 days.

That also can be extended by 30 days. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain eVisa SETV in UK that will give you a 60 day stamp upon entry into Thailand and can be extended by 30 days.

May not be so popular currently as visa exempt entry gives a stamp of 45 days.

That also can be extended by 30 days. 

Thanks. As I plan to spend about 75-80 days in Thailand, I think I'll go for the eVisa as that way I won't get any questions from the airline about onward flights. If I'm correct, having ANY visa obviates that - always used to anyway!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

I won't get any questions from the airline about onward flights. If I'm correct, having ANY visa obviates that - always used to anyway!

With a visa or reentry permit no question from airline at departure to have onward flight.

However if you read threads discussing "onward flights" there are easy options.

Google "onwardflight.com".

Also you can buy throw away ticket on the spot if any issue at check-in.

Cheapest ~ 1500baht.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VBF said:

Thanks. As I plan to spend about 75-80 days in Thailand, I think I'll go for the eVisa as that way I won't get any questions from the airline about onward flights. If I'm correct, having ANY visa obviates that - always used to anyway!

Not true you will still need to show an onward fly ticket to the airline before the date of your visa expires. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, bear9 said:

Not true you will still need to show an onward fly ticket to the airline before the date of your visa expires. 

No you will not. Having a visa means Thai embassy/consulate checked that you meet all the necessary conditions for entry to Thailand. Therefore airline is not responsible for checking these conditions like with visa exempt entry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bear9 said:

That is incorrect.

With a visa or reentry permit the airline will not require an onward flight. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alldar said:

No you will not. Having a visa means Thai embassy/consulate checked that you meet all the necessary conditions for entry to Thailand. Therefore airline is not responsible for checking these conditions like with visa exempt entry.

Not true when I fly to Thailand I always have a tourist visa in my passport but I only ever book a 1 way ticket to Thailand due to it being uncertain what my next destination is or when I will return to the UK. The airline always asks me do I have an onward ticket to ensure im not overstaying the length of my visa. 

The airline is responsible as if someone gets denied entry in Bangkok due to not having an onward flight ticket then its the airline who gets fined. Having a visa doesn't guarantee entry to Thailand the final decision rests with the immigration officer in Thailand stamping you entry into the country not with the consulate in your home country who gave you the visa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, bear9 said:

The airline is responsible as if someone gets denied entry in Bangkok due to not having an onward flight ticket then its the airline who gets fined.

Onward flight ticket is only required for visa exempt entry.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Alldar said:

Onward flight ticket is only required for visa exempt entry.

That’s not correct I’ve been asked for an onward fly ticket from both the airline and also from immigration in the past with a valid visa.

Im not saying you were asked but this is from personal experience. Just because you weren’t asked for it does not mean someone else won’t. It really is up to the airline and the immigration officer in Thailand to make the final decision.

It seems very silly not to have an onward fly ticket when you can get 1 for as little as $10.

It has nothing to do with your embassy in your own country giving you a visa as they don’t make the final decision to grant you entry it’s the immigration officer in Thailand which has this say that’s what you don’t understand.

It seems incredibly stupid to risk so much money and time getting there in the 1st place only to get denied entry when an onward ticket is so cheap. Why take the risk?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bear9 said:

It seems incredibly stupid to risk so much money and time getting there in the 1st place only to get denied entry when an onward ticket is so cheap. Why take the risk?

Why would you risk anything? You can buy ticket on the spot. But it is not required and I don't believe immigration was asking for it. Airlines could have but they were wrong.

Under current Thai visa regulations, a foreign national is not permitted to fly on a one-way ticket to Thailand unless they are in possession of a valid visa which can be presented when checking in for the flight.

Just now, Alldar said:

Why would you risk anything? You can buy ticket on the spot. But it is not required and I don't believe immigration was asking for it. Airlines could have but they were wrong.

Why would you want to buy a ticket on the spot and waste time at an airport when you could already have done so for around $10? Airlines are not wrong to ask for it its them that have to foot the bill if immigration sends the person back to their home country.

You don't believe me that immigration ask for it that's up to you. You can't help someone who's not prepared to listen or take advice.

Its pretty normal for immigration to ask someones who's had multiple visas over several years for an onward fly ticket and 20,000 baht in cash or the equivalent.