Thailand to enter winter season at the end of October

snoop1130

14753859691475386003l-630x420.jpeg

Thailand will enter the winter season at the end of October, the Thai Meteorological Department reported on Wednesday morning, October 5th.

Chomparee Chompurat, Director-General of the Meteorological Department, revealed to the Associated Press that the cold season is expected to start at the beginning of the fourth week of October, which is a week later than usual, and will finish around the end of February 2023.

The Director-General stated: “The average minimum temperature in upper Thailand is expected to be about 21 degrees Celsius, or 0.5 degrees Celsius higher above average, but it will be colder than last year. In Bangkok, the lowest temperature is about 17-18 degrees Celsius and will be very cold from December – January 2023. In the mountain areas, the average minimum temperature is about 8-15.9 degrees Celsius.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/05/thailand-to-enter-winter-season-at-the-end-of-october-thai-meteorological-department-reports/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Yep, almost time for me to head back home.. I've had a great time. Thanks Thailand and Laos this hop. Dry season means burning and a blanket of haze and pollution over the area.. But, six months a year it is bearable.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

All these years I've been going to LOS and I didn't know it was in the winter!

When you start seeing the polluted haze and choking to death You know winter is upon us here in Thailand.

Edited by Gknrd

Aren't the 3 Thai seasons:

"roo doo Ron" Hot season

"roo doo Fon" Rainy season

"roo doo Naew" Cold season

3 seasons maybe but never really cold for us weterners. Thais will shiver and suffer at anything under 25C. Always makes me chuckle when I see Thais on the BTS wearing padded winter jackets when we are happy in shorts and T-shirt.

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Always makes me chuckle when I see Thais on the BTS wearing padded winter jackets when we are happy in shorts and T-shirt.

Same here.

However, by the same token, I suppose Thais enjoy a few yuks at our expense when they see farangs sweating like whores in church during the hot season.

• Haha 1