Important - Online Sales - Your Privacy is Compromised !

I don't know if anyone has noticed this. When you buy from some of the dealers on Line, some have a link that allows you to see a list or download/share an Excel/Google Sheet file of deliveries that they have sent out via courier. Typical information includes Tracking number, Customer Name, in some cases address, the value to collect COD. I've seen the same with Facebook dealers where they sent out this list on Messenger.

annotely_image (1).jpeg

annotely_image.jpeg

Edited by bkk_bwana
Remove word

5 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

why would anyone buy anything on social media and give your bank account away?

People transfer money to buy goods and services everyday, how is this giving away your bank account ?

• Like 1

There is some risk, no doubt, but that's off-set by the availability of goods.

The address thing is fairly common, especially with low-priced, high-volume items. I've even seen full addresses posted. All of my experiences result in one single direct message re: shipping details/tracking number.

On the bank front, it depends. The recipient doesn't receive your bank account number - just your name and amount. AFAIK. But sometimes they ask for a confirmation slip, which may show all but 4 digits of your account. I usually black that out before sending it, only takes a minute.