selling gold

Joinaman

Hi there

not sure if its in the right place but please move if not

When selling gold to a gold shop, they weigh the gold, inspect it, and then issue a ticket receipt showing the weight of the gold 

I'm guessing hey also check the quality of this gold too ?

Just had a mob of guys turn up at our house about 7 of them, one of whom is the gold shop owner

They kept trying to hide from me videoing them for some reason 

they now claim the gold  my GF sold is fake

its the same ring that she bought from the same shop 

they wouldn't call the police when we asked them to, and after a lot of arguing they finally took her phone number and left

PS

just got a call from shop wife saying its now real gold !!

Wonder if this is because they suddenly realised they sold her a fake gold ring before ?

Strange !!

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Who knows, stay away from dodgy shops. The ones in shopping centres are legit. Some of the ones outside are dodgy.

Thanks

seems a big shop but like you say, who knows

but seems odd they suddenly backed down when we mentioned bringing the police to the shop

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Could be a scam shop. Whats the location?

It in Thon Sala, Koh Phangan, near food market

but seems to be sorted now, the wife has just rung up and apologized

makes me even more certain they sold my GF fake gold

is it a pawn shop or gold shop. seems its not a gold shop tbh. 

why they know your address? i bought some serious amount of gold and never been asked my address. 1 shop tried to get my passport copy and i told them no, then in 1 min they said ok no problem. 

and.. sorry to ask but why were you selling a gold ring which you bought from the same shop? thats what makes me think its a pawn shop. 7 guys showing up.. never heard such a thing unless its a really really rural area. and even there.. so might be something you are not telling the full story? 

they refused to call cops and what did stopped you to calling them? obviously its not your first time using this pawn shop. 

didnt they give you any paper work when buying the gold and selling it? after that no one can do anything.. done is done. im so surprised they didnt come with cops. 

i would stay at home for a few days and observe around.. safety first bro.

good luck

• Like 1

12 hours ago, problemfarang said:

is it a pawn shop or gold shop. seems its not a gold shop tbh. 

why they know your address? i bought some serious amount of gold and never been asked my address. 1 shop tried to get my passport copy and i told them no, then in 1 min they said ok no problem. 

and.. sorry to ask but why were you selling a gold ring which you bought from the same shop? thats what makes me think its a pawn shop. 7 guys showing up.. never heard such a thing unless its a really really rural area. and even there.. so might be something you are not telling the full story? 

they refused to call cops and what did stopped you to calling them? obviously its not your first time using this pawn shop. 

didnt they give you any paper work when buying the gold and selling it? after that no one can do anything.. done is done. im so surprised they didnt come with cops. 

i would stay at home for a few days and observe around.. safety first bro.

good luck

Gf has put post  on FB showing these men

you want me to post on here ? is it safe to do so ?

i videoed it all, but didn't put that on FB in case it caused trouble  for me being a falang 

not rural area,  the main town on the island 

not sure what it is, pawn or gold, just going by what she called a gold shop. I have never been there so no idea 

saw a photo on guys phone showing GF on camera outside shop, so not sure if that's how they found her , she was wearing the shirt with our bar logo on it . But she sold this almost a month ago, seems the only find it fake when they melt it down 

As far as i know this was the 2nd time using this shop, once to buy, once to sell the same item 

we both kept telling him we had the receipt with the gold weight and item on it showing the sale, which to me meant anything after that is their fault , not ours. They check and weigh before buying i assume ?

6 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Gf has put post  on FB showing these men

you want me to post on here ? is it safe to do so ?

i videoed it all, but didn't put that on FB in case it caused trouble  for me being a falang 

not rural area,  the main town on the island 

not sure what it is, pawn or gold, just going by what she called a gold shop. I have never been there so no idea 

saw a photo on guys phone showing GF on camera outside shop, so not sure if that's how they found her , she was wearing the shirt with our bar logo on it . But she sold this almost a month ago, seems the only find it fake when they melt it down 

As far as i know this was the 2nd time using this shop, once to buy, once to sell the same item 

we both kept telling him we had the receipt with the gold weight and item on it showing the sale, which to me meant anything after that is their fault , not ours. They check and weigh before buying i assume ?

i see..

seems like they understand you are a bar owner and tried to trick. and yes, most likely it was fake but they sold you. Probably when they bought back they forgot to check or something like that. Maybe a rookie cashier. Then the real guy relized or remembered the gold and tried to tell you its fake.. lol actually you did well. sold back his fake gold to him.. hehehe

if you think everything is calm down dont post anything. dont delete the video and make a copy (safety first) the papers you have and keep them safe.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1