Thai Airways Serves Up Another Cold Meal

Payboy

I'm happy to pick up my own luggage rather than having it sent to me...if they deliver it, on most airlines that just means yet more time spent waiting for those extra pairs of socks. quote

I agree,KLM once lost my wife's luggage for 2 days......it cost me a fortune ..and no compensation.

:o Wiley Coyote

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to pick up my own luggage rather than having it sent to me...if they deliver it, on most airlines that just means yet more time spent waiting for those extra pairs of socks. Also, the situation described above was no doubt helped by a 2nd daily QR flight which would have brought the luggage...no frequency = you wait, hence the "they SHOULD be there tomorrow" (i.e. on the next TG flight)

No point driving 45 mins to the airport wait 30 mins to get it off the flight and drive back 45 mins to get my luggage 1 hour earlier than they would deliver it.

The bag actually went from MAN to FRA then DOH to BKK because it was a MAN airport bag screw up error. Look how many Thai flights from europe to asia (and Star Alliance members) but they could not get the bag to Thailand for 24 hours.....just plain bad service no other excuse.

My point was The excellent service, the quickness of getting the bag direct to the apartment, the compensation. None of which you get with Thai.

An airline truly shows its true colours when something goes wrong such as this and it is rectified in the best way possible as above. Thai is failing to shine when everything goes smoothly and is totally useless when an error is made somewhere in the chain and all for half the price of the equivalant Thai product for triple the service quality.

And not to mention 2 nights on the piss paid for by QR's 7k :o

Edited by dekka007

Yes Thai has been the only mob to lose my luggage too - but that was quite a few years ago (and I had supplied Thai with the key, but the bag was destroyed - cut open by Customs - because Thai had lost the key. Not a bad effort: lost luggage followed by lost key.)

Yes Thai has been the only mob to lose my luggage too - but that was quite a few years ago (and I had supplied Thai with the key, but the bag was destroyed - cut open by Customs - because Thai had lost the key. Not a bad effort: lost luggage followed by lost key.)

That's the downside of mislaid baggage, Ping.

The Germans can pick locks though, and they pack everything back in ever so neatly, along with a polite explanation for why they're only doing their job.

That's the downside of mislaid baggage, Ping.

The Germans can pick locks though, and they pack everything back in ever so neatly, along with a polite explanation for why they're only doing their job.

lost luggage is not the only one opened and rifled through by thai's bag handlers......but then that's another thread :o