Charities in Isaan

notrub

We have too many clothes (and other things too) and would like to give them to some sort of charity.  Is there a Goodwill, Oxfam or other sort of charity in Thailand?  Sometimes it seems that a local Wat organizes this sort of thing but it seems not to be the case in our small village about 90km north of Buriram city.  I don't mind delivering them to a depot not in our area. Any ideas please?  Thanks very much.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Hardly a charity. Funded by Christians in USA.

@notrub

90kms north of Buriram is pretty much out in the sticks. I guess you are in the region of Puttisong or Nong Song Hong.

My advice would be to give them to a local school. One of the smaller village schools. This is where poverty lies and where the people would be appreciative of a little help. Most of the kids will be running around with no shoes on and not do clean, very worn school clothes. By giving directly to those in need you also know that the clothes will end up where they should.

There will be lots of schools like this in your area. You could even split the booty between a few.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks puchooay.  Yes, that is where we are, about 20km west of Putthaisong.  A good idea and will try it out if I don't find a charity depot where I can just drop off some boxes/bags of stuff.  In our village, Ban Nong Waeng, there is only a primary school but there seems to be a plethora of schools in the area generally (and hospitals too-thank you number 9) so there will be plenty of places to try if that is the solution.