Best MRI machine with best neurologist in Bangkok

Lim Yuan Hai

I would like to do MRI on the whole head and neck.
Preferable best MRI machine with best neurologist in the government hospital.

What is the estimate cost both in government and private hospital?

Brief history: Started with severe tooth pain after 2 crowns' preparation and installation. However, the dentist said teeth had no problem and recommend me to see a neurologist. 

Can you anyone who has knowledge and experience about it, kindly advise?

Thank you  

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Do not self prescribe an MRI. It may not be needed, or may not be the best test for your condition.

The process needs to start with a differential diagnosis. and then proceed from there, not start with shotgun testing.

Where exactly are you feeling the pain, what is it like, and does it radiate to below your ear? Have you already seen a prosthodontist? (Dental speciality that includes TMD. Not unusual for extensive dental work to trigger TMJ pain, happened to me.)

TMJ happened to me also after 3 implants.  It comes and goes for me some pain and some headaches, but I have learned to manage it. 

• Love It 1

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Do not self prescribe an MRI. It may not be needed, or may not be the best test for your condition.

The process needs to start with a differential diagnosis. and then proceed from there, not start with shotgun testing.

Where exactly are you feeling the pain, what is it like, and does it radiate to below your ear? Have you already seen a prosthodontist? (Dental speciality that includes TMD. Not unusual for extensive dental work to trigger TMJ pain, happened to me.)

I am feeling tension or radiation-like feeling below my left cheek area till neck area and around left lower side 2nd premolar tooth (that was extracted, bone-graft and implanted on same day on 15th July 2022); it is not a pain.

How did you manage to diagnose and cure it? It is a good thing. Btw, can you share your experience?

Can you recommend a best professional prosthodontist to diagnose and cure it?

2 prosthodontists who did 3 crowns for me clearly seemed to be after my money rather than caring for the well-being of a patient (me in this case) did not care to diagnose whether it is a TMD.

I did not know that prosthodontist (Dental specialty that includes TMD).   

Thank you and have a nice day!

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Wow! Great information thanks, didn't even know what a prosthodontist is or what TMD and TMJ stood for.

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

TMJ happened to me also after 3 implants.  It comes and goes for me some pain and some headaches, but I have learned to manage it. 

I think you are awesome. Can you kindly share how you manage the pain and what it is like? How did you know it is TMJ?

Where did you do 3 implants?

I am depressed and almost wanted to suicide because of a severe tooth pain.
I have a lot of sleepless nights. I did what they recommended. However, I still couldn't find the cause of the pain. It is less severe now but still unbearable.

A severe tooth pain started soon after 2 crowns preparations. They had recommended that I do a root canal through the crown. I followed their advice and did it. 

I went to another dental center, and they had recommended that the 2nd premolar tooth, that was decayed, be extracted on the same lower side. I did it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

I think you are awesome. Can you kindly share how you manage the pain and what it is like? How did you know it is TMJ?

Where did you do 3 implants?

I am depressed and almost wanted to suicide because of a severe tooth pain.
I have a lot of sleepless nights. I did what they recommended. However, I still couldn't find the cause of the pain. It is less severe now but still unbearable.

A severe tooth pain started soon after 2 crowns preparations. They had recommended that I do a root canal through the crown. I followed their advice and did it. 

I went to another dental center, and they had recommended that the 2nd premolar tooth, that was decayed, be extracted on the same lower side. I did it. 

Nobody should have to suffer toothache. Hope you soon get sorted. I was experiencing pain from a previously crowned tooth. X-Ray revealed infection. My dentist gave me the choice of a root canal or extraction. She did state that a lot of work had already been done on the tooth and I remembered that the crown had been fitted over 40 years previously. I decided upon extraction. No further problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another approach -- make sure you have a relaxed rest position.

I have had extensive dental work over the years, with enough root canals, crowns, fixed bridges, and now a few implants to qualify for infrastructure week.  After a certain point, especially with multi-tooth bridges, it became very difficult to get the ideal all-around tooth contact I'd had before.   I found that I was causing myself a lot of pain by constantly testing my bite, esp. near the site of the most recent repair.  

Eventually I heard about making a conscious effort to maintain a relaxed rest position -- teeth aren't in contact except when chewing.  It took a few weeks to learn to relax my jaw all day long (and resist the impulse to tap tap tap), but it made a big difference in comfort for me.  

Good luck, 

-- Retiree

• Like 1