Disapproving invasion, Cambodia votes against Russia at UNGA

geovalin

Taking a firm stand against invasion of a sovereign country, Cambodia yesterday joined the nations that voted against Russia’s attempts to annex four regions of Ukraine in voting held at a special UN General Assembly (UNGA) session.

Responding to the UN resolution, held during an emergency special session in New York, Chum Sounry, spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said that Cambodia disapproves of any kind of invasion and annexation of territories of a sovereign country as it understands the historical implications, security concerns as well as complexities involved in it.

He added, “Cambodia, as a small country, upholds the respect of sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of all UN member states as well as the United Nations Charter.” Out of 193 members of the UNGA, the resolution was supported by 143 countries, while 35 states – including China, India and Cambodia’s neighbours Thailand, Vietnam and Laos abstained from the voting.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501168113/disapproving-invasion-cambodia-votes-against-russia-at-unga/

afsfdg.jpg.6e8d8e086af44441e6aa752c05969831.jpg

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

More ba11s than Thailand!

What is your logic ? USA and Europe are more powerful. USA has network of military bases around the globe, aircraft carriers, immense finance power. Being brave is to go against them, not together.

I'm not talking about any other aspects of the voting, war , etc. Only about having "ba11s" to have own opinion.

2 minutes ago, plus7 said:

What is your logic ? USA and Europe are more powerful. USA has network of military bases around the globe, aircraft carriers, immense finance power. Being brave is to go against them, not together.

I'm not talking about any other aspects of the voting, war , etc. Only about having "ba11s" to have own opinion.

I think Cambodia made a 'positive' decision ...... I think Thailand fudged it.

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I think Cambodia made a 'positive' decision ...... I think Thailand fudged it.

Maybe! In this form, the statement can hardly be discussed.

I only object against the statement that abstaining is a demonstration of a cowardice.

25 minutes ago, plus7 said:

Maybe! In this form, the statement can hardly be discussed.

I only object against the statement that abstaining is a demonstration of a cowardice.

IMO abstaining is a non-decision. In the case of Thailand the logic put forward does not hold water.

It was the wrong decision for the wrong reasons. That makes it cowardice.