Sell secondhand books in CM

rose33

Various outfits around CM old city will exchange or offer a credit, but only to their buying customers. I don't want to swap; am decluttering.

(Also a conscientious objector to Facebook/Meta so wouldn't sell to expats there)

Any suggestions of places that might buy? Thx

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I went round a couple of shops few weeks ago to buy a few books, a couple of people came in to see if they wanted to buy, they didn't, seems like they're tightening their belts, IMHO.

Ps I didn't see the titles of the book but looked new 

Edited by roo860
  • Thanks 1

never understood the used book market in Thailand.  seemed very overpriced, and they definitely know ebooks, kindles, etc... are way more convenient.   

sell 10 for like 100 baht and just be done with it............... the time and headaches of selling each book... no way.   99% of all books can be found online for free, so be realistic.  books are heavy, that novelty is not for travelers unless you get super lucky and find that one person who really needs that book.  

I'd even consider going to a school and just giving them away........

Edited by Iamfalang
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

never understood the used book market in Thailand.  seemed very overpriced, and they definitely know ebooks, kindles, etc... are way more convenient.   

sell 10 for like 100 baht and just be done with it............... the time and headaches of selling each book... no way.   99% of all books can be found online for free, so be realistic.  books are heavy, that novelty is not for travelers unless you get super lucky and find that one person who really needs that book.  

I'd even consider going to a school and just giving them away........

Totally agree. I've given away literally carfulls (not just one carful) of books in my life. Now parting with most precious because like you said I have the free e-books for them all.  Is there a place in CM I can sell 10 for 100 baht... 50 baht... 20 baht?

I don't like the idea of them just being thrown away by someone who got them totally free. A bargain is treasured because it reflects well on the buyer, something free is sometimes not valued.

The Lost Book shop in Ratchamankha (close to Moat) is where I buy my used books, they are excellent (by quality but also well organized) although not necessarily cheap. I have no idea about their policy to buy but it might be worth a try.

OP I have you a thumbs up about the "conscientious objection" ????

• Thanks 1