Squash In Chiang Mai

Wizzard of Oz

• 4 months later...

I am looking for an opponent to play squash (medium level) this week. Just arrived in CM and addicted to squash. I leave at the end of this week. I brought my own racket and a ball. Please send an email to make an appointment, if interested. Cheers, Jakob

i have just been reading about the gymkhana and thought i knew where it was (along the ping river) but now i have seen this and am wondering whether this is the one and same place...? there is a map at the bottom of the page and this shows the place that is along the ping river

http://chiangmaihotels.chiangdao.com/imperialchm/details.htm

this place has 2 courst apparently but 6 tennis courts whereas the gymkhana only has 2?

can someone clear this up for me? i already play tennis a lot at 700 yr stadium but would love to play squash again and this seems to be the recommended place. I live next to rimping on the highway heading out to maejo so its not to far for my scooter. Grace school is too far.

I have also heard that there are courts at maejo uni, paem uni (which is maybe supposed to be payap?) and once was told of a court at the Australian Expats club! Anyone got a rounded view of all this?

Many thanks

Jules

The link is to the Imperial Resort Hotel and Sports Club which is near Green Valley Golf course in mae Rim. The Gymkhana is right in town, just past the Kawilla Army Barracks - heading towards Nong Hoy. It is more or less half way between Nawarat Bridge and Mengrai Bridge on the Old Chiang Mai - Lamphun Rd. The entrance is on Ratutit Rd - there is a huge tree at the intersection of Chiang Mai - Lamphun Rd and Ratutit Rd. The entrance is 100 metres up the road. The Squash section has a social night - visitors welcome - on Thursday , I think. Try searching "Gymkhana Squash".

• 8 months later...
i'll be in chiang mai from xmas onwards for a couple of months or so. In an effort to keep fit (!) I would love a friendly game of squash sometime :-)

I would say i was an average / good player! Would prefer spontaneous games rather than organising clubs etc ..

Also i wouldnt mind getting involved in some 5 aside football ...if any goes on in CM ?

I'm up for squash. I'm not a high level competitive, but am handy with a racquet =P

PM me when you'd like a game. I haven't played in Thailand before though, so no idea about location or cost of courts and racquet hire at this time.

We play at Gymkhana 3-4X's a week. Big nights are Thursdays and Sunday afternoons about 4. All levels invited. Just friendlies.

The CM team is going to BKK next weekend for a match against one of the local Prep Schools which has been going on for 20 years. The ChiengMai Cup.

Professor Bob Malloy, at CM Uni, has been the driving force of local squash here in CM for 20 years. He is usually there on Sundays.

I am a former coach, Uni level, and will be in and out for the next few months. But am usually there nightly (If not golfing :-)) Again, we have all levels.

Hi, are these squash friendlies still going on or has the heat put people off ! Still thursday and sundays at 4pm? Alternatively if anybody would like a game this month please PM me . Thanks :-)

i'll be in chiang mai from xmas onwards for a couple of months or so. In an effort to keep fit (!) I would love a friendly game of squash sometime :-)

I would say i was an average / good player! Would prefer spontaneous games rather than organising clubs etc ..

Also i wouldnt mind getting involved in some 5 aside football ...if any goes on in CM ?

I'm up for squash. I'm not a high level competitive, but am handy with a racquet =P

PM me when you'd like a game. I haven't played in Thailand before though, so no idea about location or cost of courts and racquet hire at this time.

We play at Gymkhana 3-4X's a week. Big nights are Thursdays and Sunday afternoons about 4. All levels invited. Just friendlies.

The CM team is going to BKK next weekend for a match against one of the local Prep Schools which has been going on for 20 years. The ChiengMai Cup.

Professor Bob Malloy, at CM Uni, has been the driving force of local squash here in CM for 20 years. He is usually there on Sundays.

I am a former coach, Uni level, and will be in and out for the next few months. But am usually there nightly (If not golfing :-)) Again, we have all levels.

Hi, are these squash friendlies still going on or has the heat put people off ! Still thursday and sundays at 4pm? Alternatively if anybody would like a game this month please PM me . Thanks :-)

Got to be,

As of 3 wks ago, I left town then, things have slowed down to a snails pace at the clubs squash courts. A few fellows have left town, our No 1 went back to the UK, and some have had to go off and make some money !! :-(

Show up on Tues, Thurs, at 5. Then Sunday at 4pm. Some guys will be around. We had our annual Chiang Mai vs British Club--BKK last month and we had 8 tourney ready ppl show. Ask Khun Noi, who runs the tennis and squash for some phone #'s

I play at the Thung Hotel sports complex. You don't have to be a member and it is also 100 baht an hour. 2 courts there with AC. I would like to play with someone if they are interested.

Where is the "Thong Hotel" ??

Thung Hotel is the name of the road that connects Kaew Nawarat and Charoen Muang at the train station. The complex is almost exactly in the middle of the two.

• 3 months later...

Hi one and all,

Another squash junky at the front door. Staying at the Imperial as from the 4th July, 2009 for 9 days.

Going to check out Chiang Mai, perhaps to live. Read about the Gymkhana etc. Would love a game

of squash or tennis, if there is someone who wants to step up to the plate. I am a fit 50.

Tennis is also another poison for me. Anyway it would be so great to have a hit, I don't care what

level, it would be a great chance to catch up and get the low down on Chiang Mai. (Aussie) Hoy Hoy Hoy..