Thailand confirms two Omicron XBB cases, neither are serious

snoop1130

000_9TU376.jpg

Photo from AFP

Two Omicron XBB cases have been found in Thailand, but both patients have already recovered, according to Dr. Supakit Sirilak, director-general of the Medical Sciences Department.

The first case is a 60-year-old foreign woman, who came from Hong Kong. She fell ill and was admitted to a private hospital in Bangkok for treatment. Her condition was not serious and she was discharged after completion of the quarantine period.

The second case is a 49-year-old Thai man, who arrived in Bangkok from Singapore. He was admitted to the same private hospital after developing mild symptoms and has already been discharged.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-confirms-two-omicron-xbb-cases-neither-are-serious/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-10-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I was under the impression that quarantine was a thing of the past.

I wonder if they're going to quarantine everyone going forward?

I think the latest policy was: if positive without symptoms, go home and take care of yourself. But the lady was sick, so admission/treatment/quarantine was probably justified.

Indeed, there is no mention of treatment/quarantine for the Thai man, who had only mild symptoms.

Edited by arithai12
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I was under the impression that quarantine was a thing of the past.

I wonder if they're going to quarantine everyone going forward?

So the foreign lady was quarantined in a private hospital, I wonder how much she was charged for that? The soldiers back to their old ways?

What about the Thai man? Is the treatment free for Thais even in a private hospital? If so, that will be only one brown envelope going to a certain place.

• Like 1