New LTR 10 year visa

Yes a few have obtained one. As far as I recall they did it on their own. It’s not that difficult as long as you meet the criteria and have the right documentation which you would also require if you go through an agent / law firm.

More details in this main LTR thread: https://aseannow.com/topic/1265383-ltr-long-term-retirement-visa-thailand-is-finally-changing/

Edited by aublumberg
  • Like 2

I submitted my application, but am still waiting for the result - in theory, I should hear within the next few weeks. I honestly can't see how an agent or lawyer could be of much assistance, since you are just sending in your own personal financial and insurance documents, and only you know what you do or don't have. 

• Like 2

Application submitted Sept. 19th, currently "processing."

Received email Oct. 12th regarding several additional requests:

• No redactions or masking of document information
  • No handwritten notations on official government forms

Resubmitted same day.

Prior to original submittal had issues with form drop down menus and entering information into form data cells. Called BOI (02-209-1141) who advised using Windows Edge browser; I was using Firefox.

22 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I honestly can't see how an agent or lawyer could be of much assistance, since you are just sending in your own personal financial and insurance documents, and only you know what you do or don't have. 

That's true, but in my case the calculation of income is open to interpretation. So a well-connected agent could ensure that it's interpreted in the "right" way.

On 10/18/2022 at 10:49 AM, roquefort said:

Has anyone successfully applied for the new Long Term Resident 10 year visa under the Wealthy Pensioner category?

If so, did you make the application yourself or with the help of an agent/law firm? 

Successful in applying for the LTRWP Visa, and obtained being the 15th one issued. The 10 year Visa was stamped into the PP on October 7th on one page, with a 5 year stay also stamped into the passport, and a 5 year multiple re-entry permit stamped into the PP on the opposite page as well.  No an agent is not needed as you do it ypurself through the link here:

https://ltr.boi.go.th/page/visa-issuance-info.html

6 minutes ago, roquefort said:

That's true, but in my case the calculation of income is open to interpretation. So a well-connected agent could ensure that it's interpreted in the "right" way.

This is an area where I do not believe an agent can help you.  You either have the proof of financials which you up-load and they confirm or you do not qualify.  Go to this Link as it is an ongoing OP and has answers you may have questions about:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1265383-ltr-long-term-retirement-visa-thailand-is-finally-changing/

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

What is the cost of an LTR ?

50k Thb, averages 5k Thb a year for 10 years. However you get a multiple reentry permit good for all 10 years as well and no funds needed in a Thai bank like for the extensions of stay.

Edited by ThailandRyan