Why does SRT (State Railway of Thailand) booking website breakdown so frequently ?

thairookie

It's best not to use it, it doesn't show all the available seats/cabins available on the trains.  Tickets can be bought up to 60 days in at any staffed passenger rail station where they have more seating options than the website and there's no booking fee.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Almudena said:

It's best not to use it, it doesn't show all the available seats/cabins available on the trains.  Tickets can be bought up to 60 days in at any staffed passenger rail station where they have more seating options than the website and there's no booking fee.

I will arrive in Chiangmai, and in a matter of 3 days I will take a train from Chiangmai to Bangkok.  I'm afraid I will not be able to get a ticket, especially a cabin room where tickets are very limited.

If you know it's 80% not working, then it HAS worked for you.....or else it would be at 100%.

Why not use it when it worked?

You only need it to work once.  If I book a ticket online, I don't go back and keep checking to see if the website is still up.  lol

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Can you buy tickets 60 days in advance?  Thai wife thinks it's 30.  

It's not so easy to get private sleeper cabin tickets but worth it. 

Don't know if they have changed but IMHO private was definitely not worth it when I rode the rails.  Across carriage sleeping rolled you over every time train stopped (about every 20 minutes on single tracks).  But perhaps this is better with many dual tracks now.  2nd class sleeper was a much better trip.  Road the Bangkok/CM/Hat Yai and Vientiane routes often last century (that does sound old).