Thailand For Celibates And Teetotalllers

qwertz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, ping and nignoy for your implicit belief in my charms and abilities.

I'm just a normal Joe really, never wanted to stand out in a crowd you know.

Anyway, you've just given me an idea for another thread. :o

[

Hi CG, Frankly no. I don't.

Because competition for Pitt and Clooney I am not.

I have no illusions on that front.

So when I walk into what might potentially be a pleasant bar, I'm not pleased when a bunch of girls (or worse, a katoy) descends on me because they're under orders from the boss to get in there and rook the farang.

It's all too insincere and I'm not fooled for a second.

However, if it were the lady of my fancy, well...............I'd let her fondle me from now till Xmas without one word of complaint. :o

hahah! qwertz, I like your style! :D

It only occurred to me that if you had to turn your back on the delights you could die of boredom, even in LOS.

Thailand does attract couples and even singles not interested in "the delights' of Thailand. The fact that you think dying of boredom in LOS a possibility without "the delights' shows me exactly how dependent on them you are.

Let's see, you can look at temples and temple ruins, take a retreat at a temple, or take cooking classes. You can spend as long as you want on a beach sunbathing and playing in the water, or you can go diving and look at the lovely corals and fishes. You can take any number of day tours to elephant camps. You can go camping, hiking and rafting in Khao Yai. You can eat all the Thai food you want! And that's just what comes to mind right away.

Cathy, you're absolutely right on all points.

This coming trip will force me to reform and look at LOS from your angle for a change.

I don't know if the kids will like the cookery classes but I'm not giving them a choice.

I plan to do everything that's suitable for families following all the good suggestions posted here as I'll be enjoying their hospitality in Oz right after LOS.

Take them all on a train trip,just stick a pin in the map ,we did it 2 years ago with a group of friends from UK and germany, never a dull moment and not a ladyboy in sight :o Nignoy

Another good suggestion.

We were already set on hiring a bus.

I know there's a train service from Patts, is there one from Phuket?

I think the op's question is really rather ridiculous... of course there are celibates and abstainers who enjoy this wonderful country!!!!!!! Anyone who imagines it's only about s*x and drinking needs to wise up. I don't like the tone of this post.

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!

I think the op's question is really rather ridiculous... of course there are celibates and abstainers who enjoy this wonderful country!!!!!!! Anyone who imagines it's only about s*x and drinking needs to wise up. I don't like the tone of this post.

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!

Geronimo, if this thread offends you, please take the trouble to read it through before passing judgement and drawing your longbow!

I repeat, I did not mention these things in my OP.

Whose imagination are we talking about here?

Edited by qwertz

Purely theoretical of course as I can't claim such high ideals.

But what if?

I only know of one man in all my trips to Patts who was so outraged at the sin everywhere he never left the hotel for two weeks after one look down the street.

This was of course Soi 7.

He was thoroughly miserable, said it was Sodom and Gomorra and they'd all burn in hel_l.

So what can the board suggest as an enjoyable LOS holiday for such upright people?

I'm sure TAT would appreciate more of them.

I just wonder what he did in his hotel for 2 weeks?

As your friend is a religious man (no harm in that) maybe he should have gone to the City of Angels instead?

He might have enjoyed the beautiful temples and palaces instead?

Perhaps he should have gone to the Holy Lands instead for a holiday he would have enjoyed?

I just love Thailand and I love it as it is!

Thailand is so much more than just cheap booze and sex!

Edited by jamesc2000

But what if?

I only know of one man in all my trips to Patts who was so outraged at the sin everywhere he never left the hotel for two weeks after one look down the street.

He was thoroughly miserable, said it was Sodom and Gomorra and they'd all burn in hel_l.

So what can the board suggest as an enjoyable LOS holiday for such upright people?

I know what the people of Sodom did but can anyone explain what the people of Gomorra were doing?

I don't mean to be rude or anything but I am not sure upright is the right word? To hole up in a hotel for 2 weeks after just one look at Soi 7 - could maybe uptight be a better word?

:o

But what if?

I know what the people of Sodom did but can anyone explain what the people of Gomorra were doing?

I don't mean to be rude or anything but I am not sure upright is the right word? To hole up in a hotel for 2 weeks after just one look at Soi 7 - could maybe uptight be a better word?

:o

I think it was a twin city, James, maybe Gomorra was for the straights.

I did actually suggest a flight to CM but he said he wouldn't spend another penny to finance sins against God, so I figured he was culture shocked beyond help.

Like I said, he was sort of in my mind when I first posted.

[...] he said he wouldn't spend another penny to finance sins against God, so I figured he was culture shocked beyond help.

"Sins against God" -- sounds like someone has climbed onto their high horse!

Hahahaha...maybe this is a bit mean, but I can't help having a bit of a laugh at the idea of someone like that in Pattaya. It's like going to Antartica and being shocked and upset because it's cold. :o

Yes, CG, the poor guy must have had his first exposure to original sin.

He was basically an okay guy but not worldly wise; I had the feeling that it was maybe his first step into the real world.

Takes all kinds I suppose.

At least he didn't try to put me on the path of righteousness.

He probably figured I was too far gone. :o

As for "interesting", I'm sorry to have to admit, I was talking about native speakers.

And the ones I've known admire gentlemen but prefer to fool around with rogues.

To quote one: "Honey, you have a silver tongue. I could talk to you all night and not get bored".

Talking all night was about the last thing on my mind! :D

Edited by qwertz

• 8 months later...

I've been celibut for the six years I've been here. I am in a relationship but sex is not an issue. I don't drink either. I and my partner live in the hills and attend temple 3-4 times a week. I also spend extended periods at temple. There is life aside of sex, drugs & other forms of self gratification. I guess it's hard to understand for the majority.

you could always read elswhere.

Hahahaha...maybe this is a bit mean, but I can't help having a bit of a laugh at the idea of someone like that in Pattaya. It's like going to Antartica and being shocked and upset because it's cold

Indeed. I think some people (incl. a lot of Thais) must accept what Thailand is to a lot of people.

Party, sex, and some sun & cheap shopping.

I dont drink, smoke, and havent been in a relationship for some time (by choice). I wouldnt consider particularly myself 'upright' or uptight even, nor miserable, its just my present chosen path. Cant be bothered with dating atm and im not into flings so ..yeah w/e. :D

Then again i dont think id fit in down pattaya way much either :o

What do you do for fun then? Not knocking you, but often have thought about giving up drinking and smoking, but women I would go La La without them!