Covid booster, where?

whereyougo

9 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya has Moderna all day every day for 800 baht. I got mine last week on a promo for 500 baht.

Is a particular visa/residence status required for this or can anybody get the vaccination as long as they pay?

4 hours ago, K2938 said:

Is a particular visa/residence status required for this or can anybody get the vaccination as long as they pay?

For a booster, you will most likely need to have evidence of your previous vaccinations. If they were in Thailand, they should be shown on the Mor Prom app.  I obtained my 4th booster at Jomtien Hospital (it is part of the Bangkok Hospital Group) located on Sukhumvit Road.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital:

Kindly see the vaccination administration date as below:

25-29 October 2022 : 8.00-17.00 hr.

1-4 November 2022 : 8.00-17.00 hr. 

The flu shot is also available with 790 Thai Baht per dose. For adult, it is required only 1 dose. But for children, it is required 2 doses to complete the course. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I don't blame you, I have had covid twice now and the first time nearly killed me with double pneumonia and a raft of secondary symptoms, some of which I still have after more than 2 years. Second dose of covid was after I had gotten 3 covid shots believe it or not. Luckily I only had mild symptoms the second time.

I feel fairly immune now though.

Glad to hear that you got through it. The virus is so hit and miss. Completely different impacts for different people. Sounds like you are high risk and perhaps should be taking extra precautions. 

It didnt effect me much at all and thus Im not wearing masks anywhere now. If I experienced what you went through I would still be wearing a mask everywhere. 

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling reference removed

3 hours ago, thoengthaied said:

I enquired at Pattaya City hospital on soi Buakhao/Third Road end of September and was told they have a walk in service on Friday mornings for a free booster. I went in at approx. 10:30 and was vaccinated and walked out with my certificate about 11:30. Pfizer was the vaccine brand. 

Bingo. I'm accross the rd. Did need to do paper work? 

23 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I don't blame you, I have had covid twice now and the first time nearly killed me with double pneumonia and a raft of secondary symptoms, some of which I still have after more than 2 years. Second dose of covid was after I had gotten 3 covid shots believe it or not. Luckily I only had mild symptoms the second time.

I feel fairly immune now though.

Pneumonia That was my biggest fear.

Half way through I injured tore a stomach muscle from trying to cough my lungs out which added a new level of coughing mysery

Edited by whereyougo

On 10/25/2022 at 6:47 AM, runamok27 said:

Are these the new boosters? The old shots are useless.

No, the new bivalent versions of the COVID vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna are NOT yet available in Thailand, and probably won't be until some unspecified time into next year.

However, if it's been 4 months or more since your last vaccination, and particularly if you're age 60 or older or have any other COVID risk factors, it's still recommended to get another booster dose of Pfizer or Moderna in the meantime.

The original COVID vaccines are NOT useless, though they have been shown to suffer waning effectiveness after about 4 months post injection.

Since it likely will be 4 months or more before the new vaccines likely will become available to foreigners in Thailand, it would make sense to get an original vaccine shot now -- if it's been at least 4 months since your last shot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Bingo. I'm accross the rd. Did need to do paper work? 

I took my old certificate of previous vaccinations and showed them that. The vaccination was done on (I think) the fifth floor. I received my new certificate at the Customer Service desk which is on the ground floor just to the left of the exit. I can't remember any other paperwork.

4 hours ago, thoengthaied said:

I took my old certificate of previous vaccinations and showed them that. The vaccination was done on (I think) the fifth floor. I received my new certificate at the Customer Service desk which is on the ground floor just to the left of the exit. I can't remember any other paperwork.

Ok thanks my original is in bkk but i will give a shot ( no pun) 

Edited by whereyougo

15 hours ago, henrik2000 said:

Do you mean morning hours by that? Thanks! (Sorry, not completely clear to me.)

If you happen to know if they have an English website with the vaccing schedule, i'd be interested too.

Thanks!

Just got my shot. 7 mins and done, was the only person there

No website, walk in only

Only doc required is passport. 

Hours are morning

Edited by whereyougo
  • Like 2