Do I need to register my address?

I just arrived to Thailand and I have plan to stay here around 6 months.

I come with tourist visa (60 days) and I pretend to extend it (+30 days) then go out of Thailand and come back.

My landlord told me I have to go Immigration within 2 days of my arrive to register my address. I remember you have to do this if you will stay over 90 days in the Kingdom, so I have to do it?

I will need this for do the extension of my visa (+30days)?

Your landlord is supposed to go to immigration and register you, its his/her reasonability not yours. There is no staying longer then 90 day requirement to be registered, its a couple of days after moving to new address. (There is a separate requirement to report to immigration every 90 days, to report you are still here and still at the same address)

When you go to immigration to do your first extension then it will become apparent you haven't been registered, Depending on the office, it may make your extension difficult, the landlord may be fined, or you may be fined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The landlord has a responsibility to file a TM 30.  Some do and some don’t.  For example my landlord wife Thai, husband Brit.  Said they owned 12 condos in  Bangkok and rent them out.  When it came to register the TM30 on line.  They kept contacting me for instructions.