Hacked

mickyr55

Can anybody in Pattaya help me find out about my phone and laptop which have both been hacked with a Trojan. 

I need an English speaking computer expert to help and advise me. 

I have tried Tukcom and the stores around there and as soon as I mention TROJAN all I get is a shaking of the head and "no can do".

I have been advised that  Bangkok is the place to go ????????

Anybody know different please. 

11 minutes ago, Paddy 696 said:

I've Karspersky  Internet  Security  installed. Had problems 6+ yrs ago, they Karspersky took online control of laptop! Quickly cleared the Bugs! 

And probably all your data, passwords and user names etc.

Is your Windows Defender not turned on?

Edited by KannikaP

If you have access to a 2nd and virus free computer, then you can try to create a rescue disk (or USB stick) and work with that.

This is the first link which came up when I googled this:

https://www.techradar.com/best/best-antivirus-rescue-disk

The idea about such a disk is that it can clean your computer from "outside" and not from within Windows.

That from the outside procedure is the best to clean a PC.

Obviously you should only do that if you know what you are doing or at least be careful and read the instructions carefully.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

And probably all your data, passwords and user names etc.

Is your Windows Defender not turned on?

I'm very happy with karspersky especially since that problem, yes they from an unspeakable country, however seems to be ok!

Unfortunately, most servers in Thailand have very poor security so you will get viruses and Trojans here.

It certainly does not help if like some friends etc you look at certain sites and download pictures etc.

The best way and simplest is to save your all passwords and important files to a USB memory stick etc, save all your contacts and emails and phone numbers and then reformat your laptop to a fresh setup and reboot your phone. 

Quite simple to do at any shop etc (Dr Com, 3rd floor, TukCom) if you are not confident doing it yourself.

Windows Defender is a great protection system, but not foolproof.  

Never open emails and files from unknown sources.

If you have a true Windows then make sure you keep the Windows Key etc to reload.

Edited by Pdavies99

OP, maybe describe the problems you are having. The fact that you are using the term "hacked with a trojan", that has also  infected your phone, would indicate an incorrect diagnosis (there are no multi OS viruses, viruses dont usually advertise their presence).

Unless its some sort of serious ransomware that encrypts data etc, any computer shop can remove/repair, and they wouldn't be sending you to Bangkok.

Pattaya2you (opposite the tukom carpark), speak english and would be able to help.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Can you logon?

Initiate restore computer to default state under settings I think.

Otherwise purchase a new version of windows and install from a disk. It should wipe the old Windows software during installation.

"buy a new copy of windows" is a bit of an over reaction suggestion, in the worst instance the op could repair/re-install the windows he already owns. In most instances, there are 100s of virus removal tools, even for computers that wont boot up. And lots of options for data recovery.

Edited by Peterw42