Cheapest way to go from Patong to Phuket Town at night

Baron Samedi

Hi guys,

So I know about the songthaews driving around the island all day long.

Very cheap and convenient imo.

Unfortunately I don't think those buses are available at night.

So what is the cheapest way to go back to Phuket Town after a night out in Patong.

Thanks for your help !

37 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Now, probably rent / hire car & drive yourself.  Ms Google is showing long way around to get there.   Apparently down to 'one way' lane on the return via 'landslide hill'

Not sure which "landslide hill" you are referring.  There's no way the Patong-Kathu road will be open to any vehicular traffic.  The Kata-Chalong road is fine in the direction toward Chalong (on the way to Phuket Town).  It's one lane only in the opposite direction.  Traffic will not be heavy in any case at the time of night the OP is considering.

Edited by skatewash
Changed one-way only to one lane only.

17 minutes ago, skatewash said:

It's one-way only in the opposite direction.  Traffic will not be heavy in any case at the time of night the OP is considering.

Is that an echo:

'one way' lane on the return'

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Is that an echo:

'one way' lane on the return'

The OP is staying in Phuket Town, visiting Patong.  When he returns home (if by Kata-Chalong Road) he will have two (2) lanes on Kata Hill.  Kata Hill is restricted to one lane of traffic only in the Chalong to Kata direction, which he will not be using on his return to Phuket Town.

Edited by skatewash
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, skatewash said:

Not sure which "landslide hill" you are referring.  There's no way the Patong-Kathu road will be open to any vehicular traffic.  The Kata-Chalong road is fine in the direction toward Chalong (on the way to Phuket Town).  It's one lane only in the opposite direction.  Traffic will not be heavy in any case at the time of night the OP is considering.

open to motorcycles already, cars expect maybe another week

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

open to motorcycles already, cars expect maybe another week

Open to motorcycles.  I don't think it will be opened to cars in the next few weeks.  Cars require more space than motorcycles.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/patong/motorbikes-can-now-drive-on-patong-hill-road?utm_source=Thaiger+Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-10-28

• Thanks 1

Had the opportunity to test Grab.

Never gave it try before.

I'm impressed. 60THB to go anywhere in and around Phuket Town.

200THB for a motorbike to Patong.

Got screwed though in Rawai. Missed the last songthaew, wanted a Grab motorbike but they don't have them there. So I had to pay 500THB for a Grab car.

But everywhere they have Grab motorbike, mobility is just too easy now ????

(I love the songthaews though - good fun riding)

• Like 1