800K Baht holding Retirement Visa

A couple of questions regarding this for the Non O Retirement Visa.

1.  Can that amount be deposited in the USD equivalent into my K Bank USD account?
2.  Can the amount be withdrawn immediately after the Visa is issued?
3.  If yes, is the process that you then have to make the deposit again 10 months later 2 month prior to the next years renewal?

Thanks, 
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chopowski said:
A couple of questions regarding this for the Non O Retirement Visa.

1.  Can that amount be deposited in the USD equivalent into my K Bank USD account?
2.  Can the amount be withdrawn immediately after the Visa is issued?
3.  If yes, is the process that you then have to make the deposit again 10 months later 2 month prior to the next years renewal?

Unless mentioned specifically if you are getting a visa or "permission to stay" extension, it is difficult to say the exact requirements. 

• Haha 1

As you seem to be talking extension of stay for retirement from a non immigrant O visa the rule is 800k in account 2 months prior to application and 3 more months, then not less than 400k until 2 months before next application when must be at 800k again and continue cycle (5/7).  Be aware any day it falls below requirements will prevent obtaining next extension so if using foreign currency make very sure it is enough to always meet the 800/400k requirements.

• Like 2

Actually I am talking about marching into immigration in Bangkok with a tourist Visa, but wanting to apply for the  OBTAIN A NON-IMMIGRANT “O” VISA.

For that I understand I have to have had the 800K in the bank for 2 months prior to going to immigration to apply.  Is that the case?  And can it be held in USD?

6 minutes ago, chopowski said:

Actually I am talking about marching into immigration in Bangkok with a tourist Visa, but wanting to apply for the  OBTAIN A NON-IMMIGRANT “O” VISA.

For that I understand I have to have had the 800K in the bank for 2 months prior to going to immigration to apply.  Is that the case?  And can it be held in USD?

There is no time requirement for money to have been in account for conversion to single entry 90 day non immigrant O visa entry - but you can not apply for extension of stay for one year until it has been in account 2 months (3 months seems to be asked at several places - which was the old rule).  Believe money for conversion must be documented from outside Thailand and not sure if foreign currency accepted.

• Like 1