Bolt Service Pattaya

Sqoop

I use bolt all the time in Pattaya, generally I rarely have a bad driver. Today I had two , the first took me to the wrong big c  (big c south pattaya instead of pattaya 3 extra. ) The second was stuck in traffic and complaining in thai about roads and "Union guarantees ". I didn't understand but I think he had a different location to the one shown on my bolt app. 

Maybe fuel prices are making bolt unworkable ?? 

I used them last Saturday to take the GF out to dinner in Cafe Blu. It took the driver forever to find my house, even though I'd sent him messages saying where exactly it was, and I ended up having a bit of a rant to the GF about Thai people not being able to read maps. When he eventually arrived and we headed off, I followed the route on the map on the Bolt app and it was complete rubbish, I can understand now why he had so much difficulty finding us. According to the Bolt map, half the time we were either driving through fields or were on a different road altogether, the company needs to have a look at what's going worn as I assume they're just embedding Google maps in the app, but it doesn't work very well.

• Haha 1

I use bolt extensively when in Pattaya for my 6-month sojourn in Thailand. And use a personal motorbike in the back alleys for 7/11, laundry, and Rompho market. Never had issue with bolt. My friend who have lived in Pattaya for almost a decade and knows many alleys will start give directions and I would tell him not to give directions. Let them use their maps. Some old aged drivers may have problems with reading maps but I have not encountered them yet. My GF's father was a taxi driver in Bangkok for more than 30-years and now retired in his village, happily fishing all day. My GF says he has problems reading maps and can't keep up with modern technology, so he retired. 

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Use them on a regular basis and only on a very rare occasion I could have some remarks (don't read complaints).

Agreed. Normally good all over. Today (Sat 29th Oct) took two bolts. First from Nong Nooch Gardens to Dusit Thani and the driver was excellent. Very helpful loading my family and wheelchair etc. Took best route to avoid the back up to beach road (Bikini Run) and used lots of side sois rather than North Pattaya Road traffic. Same fare as quoted and he got a good tip. Second bolt was about two hours ago from Soi 3 to 3rd Road near Xcyte. Driver very friendly and knew all the back sois. Very fast and smooth trip. Interestingly he was driving and Isuzu D-Max pick-up truck with extended cab (not 4 door). Very happy with bolt today and both arrived within 3 minutes of booking. 

Finding destinations with bolt is never a problem as can place the pin right on top of where one wants to go. 

The main issue I ever have with bolt is either unavailability or long/inaccurate wait times for a vehicle

• Like 1

I had one a few weeks back that wanted extra as I was not really near to his location. But generally they have been okay and usually pleased with the tip I give them.... (and still a cost to me of 1/2 of what a taxi would charge). Surprised about being delivered to the wrong destination, as that is set by the customer and the driver is guided in by a Thai GPS. 

When Bolt originally came out I did sort of see it as 'too good to be true'... and expected initial prices were a 'loss leader' approach. Covid interfered with that plan perhaps. 

Taxi drivers always complain.....

Generally I don't have problems, I was just unlucky thst day. I thought the guy was taking a fast route on the main road. But it seemed any old big c would do. I don't speak enough Thai and he didn't speak English. My guess is he was having phone problems ..

16 hours ago, Sqoop said:

Generally I don't have problems, I was just unlucky thst day. I thought the guy was taking a fast route on the main road. But it seemed any old big c would do. I don't speak enough Thai and he didn't speak English. My guess is he was having phone problems ..

In your defence there are 3 Big-C shops.... the Klang one is known as 'Extra', I have found most WIN guys know that. 

On 10/29/2022 at 4:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i thought with Bolt you select destination? so how did he take you to the wrong one? didn't stop him when he started going the wrong way?

A bit of a hint would help like Big C (extra), Pattaya Klang.

Few Thais will be aware about the "extra".

Just "Big C"?

One can not really complain too loud.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have found most WIN guys know that.

WIN guys are targeting shops every day to everywhere.

I believe they will better know about these different branches.

And WIN (or food delivery) drivers always hang over their smartphones.

Guess or hope they can make use of route planners?

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:
On 10/29/2022 at 4:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i thought with Bolt you select destination? so how did he take you to the wrong one? didn't stop him when he started going the wrong way?

But still... As scuba mentioned...  the destination is a ‘pin point’ on the map... 

... That pin-point is selected by the customer not the driver. 

Thus: IF the customer has selected the wrong Big-C then the driver would drive to that Big-C.

Not really the drivers fault. 

I watch a friend of mine try and use the Grab App... when he’s had a few he can never set the pickup point to the correct location !!!....  I have to do it for him.

44 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just "Big C"?

I had one taxi take me to the Elephant park once when i wanted to go to the Ban Chang bar strip

• Haha 1