Unidentified Foreigner Falls From Luxurious Condo

mcd

Police Lieutenant Colonel Aphimook Amnartmankhong of Dongtan Sub-station was informed late on Monday, 25th June that a foreign tourist had fallen from one of the 15th floors of

Rim Hard Jomtien Condominiums and requested an investigation.

On arrival at Building A1 the team found the body of a foreigner – nationality and name unknown. It looked like he was aged about 65-70 years old. His body had exploded from the impact of the hit. The deceased was wearing a black hat, a white T-shirt, grey trousers, white shoes, and had a black bag with him; but all that was inside were cigarettes, electric cable, water, towel and a few personal items.

The man and his belongings were wet; presumably he had just been swimming. When questioned the crowd of people around him; no one knew who he was and he had no identification on him whatsoever.

The security guard who discovered the body stated that while he was on duty he heard something fall down onto the road and went to look to find this grisly scene.

When inspecting all the balconies of each room; it was found that all were securely locked. The only place that he could have fallen from was the fire exit stairway on the 9th floor, which door was open and there were signs that someone had stepped onto the bar.

The police are confused as to who this man is? What he was doing there since he was not residing there? Did someone there know him? Whether he jumped, was pushed, or simply lost balance?

More investigations on this case are ongoing. The man’s body was sent to the Police Institute of Forensic Laboratory in Bangkok for autopsy.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=6373

I just had a nightmare right now, about this, my dream was about a girl falling from the top of a large building, then after 1-2 minutes she just threw herself , and died . I dont know how my dream relates to this but its weird waking up this morning to check thai visa and see this on right now as well very Ironic.

This is how the Pattaya City News reports it.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Apimook from Dongtan Police Sub-Station located on Jomtien Beach, was called to the Jomtien Condominium at 11pm on Monday Night after security guards reported a foreign fatality at the location. Arriving at the scene, Police inspected the body of an unknown Foreign Man. It was clear that due to the state of the body, he had jumped from a high floor. A search began and on the 9th Floor of the complex the location where the man jumped from was found. A length of nylon had been found attached to the ceiling of the balcony suggesting the man had attempted to hang himself. It is thought that due to his weight, he was unsuccessful in his initial suicide attempt and decided to jump instead. Police are now waiting for the results of a post mortem examination and are trying to identify the foreign man. Although Police believe this was a suicide, all avenues of investigation are being looked into.

That is, assuming it's the same case. The usual grisly pictures, withheld in Libya115 style, suggest he was not fully clothed.

Actually, it's pronounced as Rim Haat Condo and the man was fully clothed a described initially.

I wasn't disputing the report just pointing out an inconsistency as in the photo in Pattaya City News it is clear that the victim was not wearing trousers. They may have been removed by the rescue foundation but I cannot imagine any reason why they should. I was just wondering if maybe these were two separate cases in a tragic coincidence.

Humidity is rising

Barometer's getting low

According to our sources

The street's the place to go

Cause' tonight for the first time

Just about half past ten

For the first time in history

It's gonna start raining men

It's raining men

Hallejulah

It's raining men

Amen

I wasn't disputing the report just pointing out an inconsistency as in the photo in Pattaya City News it is clear that the victim was not wearing trousers. They may have been removed by the rescue foundation but I cannot imagine any reason why they should. I was just wondering if maybe these were two separate cases in a tragic coincidence.

Yes Phil, I know you weren't disputing the report and, like yourself, I was trying to help clear up the inconsistency. I can't locate this item on the Pattaya City News anymore, so I'm unable to view the pics.

My wife was just leaving this condo at the time and, together with a security guard, heard the thump also. When she was driving past the scene, she told me that looked as though he was fully clothed. Dong Tan Police, Tourist Police, Sawang Boriboon and an ambulance attended the scene and the trousers might have been cut off to assess damage to his legs prior to moving him

mdeland...your post #8 isn't worth even a quote. It's not funny. It's lamentable.

The reason for his fall has yet to be determined. This man may have had a family, somewhere and he, and they, deserve some respect. Actually, I'm surprised at you.

Edited by Artisan

mdeland...your post #8 isn't worth even a quote. It's not funny. It's lamentable.

The reason for his fall has yet to be determined. This man may have had a family, somewhere and he, and they, deserve some respect. Actually, I'm surprised at you.

I thought it was funny.

It's bad enough for a family knowing that their father/uncle/brother was even in Pattaya.

When she was driving past the scene, she told me that looked as though he was fully clothed. Dong Tan Police, Tourist Police, Sawang Boriboon and an ambulance attended the scene and the trousers might have been cut off to assess damage to his legs prior to moving him.

Why on earth would they need to assess damage to his legs in this case?

When she was driving past the scene, she told me that looked as though he was fully clothed. Dong Tan Police, Tourist Police, Sawang Boriboon and an ambulance attended the scene and the trousers might have been cut off to assess damage to his legs prior to moving him.

No idea at all ......I'm not a doctor, nor am I police nor am I a parmedic!!! I said "might" but it could be for a very different reason.

Edited by Artisan

Perhaps to check if, when they move the body, they're going to be moving two pieces or one. That wouldn't be a nice surprise when they lift him.