Some advice needed (can't extend Non-B, moving to Non-O)

I've just found out I need to cancel my non-b the middle of this month due to an issue with Khurusapa (long story)

School I currently work at wants me to stay and is offering me another role if I get a non-o visa (though I'm considering a University job)

I don't have 400k in a Thai account (but do in my home country account for emergencies), and got married 2 weeks ago so not wanting to go home just yet.

What would be the best option from here?

1) Obtain a 1-year multi-entry non-o from Savannakhet (not sure if this then allows employment)

2) Get a 60-day marriage extension and transfer the money (I would need to transfer back it back a few months after, so money would be lost)

You cannot change a non-b visa to a non-o visa without leaving the country. You can change the reason for your current extension to one based upon marriage to a Thai.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage. 

A multiple entry non-o visa would allows you unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

Getting a 60 day extension to visit your wife would be give you more time to apply for a one year extension.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, clarky cat said:

Thanks, think I'll go with the Savannakhet option, but guess I could delay it for 60 days doing a marriage extension

If still working for the same employer you could use your income from working that is at least 40k baht to apply for the extension by showing tax payments and your tax return done this year. Check with immigration about anything else they may want.

48 minutes ago, clarky cat said:

I have a work permit valid until June 2023 so not sure if that needs cancelling

If working for the same employer it would not need to be canceled.

33 minutes ago, clarky cat said:

been told I need a new work permit due to the job position changing, not sure if they are misinformed here... 

I don't think a new work permit is needed for that as long as it is allowed job for non Thais.