Boy's Club Thread Closed, Thanks George

elfe

thanks george you closed that thread. it showed enough already why most women don't bother to post anything in the other than informative threads or in the farang girls forum. bluecats intention was a nice one but as everyone could see the thread got highjacked by farang women-basher ( nam kao) and went off topic with chitchat about other members. shows the men's interest and respect for women contributing to this forum well.

doesn't bother me much as I prefer mostly to read-only but I think it doesn't brighten the light shining on thaivisa.com forum a lot.

wonder why many female frequent posters (d80 for example) almost disappeared?

thanks george you closed that thread. it showed enough already why most women don't bother to post anything in the other than informative threads or in the farang girls forum. bluecats intention was a nice one but as everyone could see the thread got highjacked by farang women-basher ( nam kao) and went off topic with chitchat about other members. shows the men's interest and respect for women contributing to this forum well.

doesn't bother me much as I prefer mostly to read-only but I think it doesn't brighten the light shining on thaivisa.com forum a lot.

wonder why many female frequent posters (d80 for example) almost disappeared?

Sorry, Elfe.

I just came back and saw the answers.

No further comments,... :o

Sorry Elfe. Admins and mods need to be more conscious of the needs of the lady members.

What do you think, might be next?

I see the situation as follows:

1- Everybody can post anonymous, the others do not know, who the poster is .... might be a man or a woman..... there is no obligation for a woman to identify herself.

2- There is a 'Farang Girls in Thailand' section, with a farang female administrator.

In this section any discussion like 'Age and Weight' (=foreign man in Thailand) or 'How much does a Thai Guy cost you?' (=Thai men in Thailand) is welcome.

3- Should the administrator edit a vulgar posting, the female member has the right to complain, that it is not because of the content, but because she is a woman.

4- Any thread, which might be not in favour of farang women, is considered offensive or off-topic and deleted or locked within some days, sometimes even within some hours.

There are much less restrictions for woman anyway, compared to male posters, and therefore women should not complain about the topics in the bar-section.

What really do you expect to read there???

True, the thread made by Bluecat was clearly off-topic.

Nam Kao's remark about racial discrimination by farang women in certain cities in the USA, if you are an Caucasian man and you have an Asian wife, are true however.

I know out of my own experience, that certain farang women do not like such couples. An interesting subject, but maybe quickly banned on this Thaiforum.

What is the next step?

chanchao Posted on: Thu 2004-06-17, 22:38:03

> It is possible to LOCK a thread...

Really... Hey that's the first sensible suggestion since quite some time.

The other excellent suggestion was about a sub-forum for men... I'll suggest to George to create one.. and then perhaps lock you into it by yourself.

I do not know, if I were the only poster there.....

Let us try it out?.... or shall we make a poll first?

Sounds like you have done a bit of selective reading in the girls forum.

I don't understand what your point is, I haven't noticed less restrictions for women here, I only noticed there are much less of them posting than there are men?

I don't want to get into another argument here, but maybe if you put up a poll on the usefulness of a men's forum, as you suggest, we will know how many would find it desirable to have.