Watching TV from UK

Boyn

I tried this week the express vpn paid the fee for 1 year then the started to use it, entered the supplied activate code signed in and  back  came download which  had aready done. So contacted help support chat line and they went through the whole thing with and still the same thing download express vpn. the next day try again same result after checking the account was active.after a hour getting nowhere ask for a  refund  after they gave aload bull---- they said they would return they money but would take 7-10 working days. however after reading reviews its not straight foward that  I will get the refund so I will belive it when happens. What really annoys is have used vpns before once you paid up  and  you go. the reviews ou trust pilot are quite conncerning

• Like 1

I have tried Express VPN and Cyberghost VPN, and one other, the name of which I can't remember at the moment, and none of them were completely "up to scratch" with "dropouts" and "stuttering" (sorry about the terminology) as well as actually being unable to get through to the protected websites I wanted, BBC iPlayer being the main one.

So on a friend's recommendation I switched to Nord VPN and I've been absolutely delighted with it for the past six months, and I'm able to watch BBC iPlayer material, as well as international rugby matches on an Australian sports channel. 

So I can highly recommend it.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:12 AM, jonesthepost said:

I tried this week the express vpn paid the fee for 1 year then the started to use it, entered the supplied activate code signed in and  back  came download which  had aready done. So contacted help support chat line and they went through the whole thing with and still the same thing download express vpn. the next day try again same result after checking the account was active.after a hour getting nowhere ask for a  refund  after they gave aload bull---- they said they would return they money but would take 7-10 working days. however after reading reviews its not straight foward that  I will get the refund so I will belive it when happens. What really annoys is have used vpns before once you paid up  and  you go. the reviews ou trust pilot are quite conncerning

I bought a month trial on Private Internet Access - I used it for a couple of days, and thought I would take year. They told me there would be a delay in refund, but to my surprise, it was almost immediate. So not all hold your money.

Express, PIA, Nord - are all good, I never heard anyone having trouble with a ID/Password but I don't doubt you - slowdown, stuttering? Maybe slow equipment, router or local infrastructure. In one year of PIA, I had LOS for three day. I have a surfshark VPN which wasn't up to scratch, but its OK for getting iplayer on a firestick.

When I read about peoples issues with VPN, I'm really confused, how and why?

• Like 1