Android box , Smart TV compatability

gimo

I'm about to order my first ever item on line , via Lazada -- an android box . Are all smart TVs compatable to all android boxes ? I have all the specifications for the A-box to give me IPTV . My TV is a Samsung UHD  AU/7700  ( 55 inch  138cm ) . Will this be ok with an 8 or 4gb/64gb , 11 tvbox ,Amlogic s905x4 2.4+5g ethernet 1000 dual  wi fi  Android box -- I'd hate to get it , only to be told I need a different type of TV ?

Edited by gimo
To add a missing word

It will be fine , to put things into prospective , I have two Samsung smart TVs. I have android boxs connected to both of them , I never use the smart TVs ,  as i find the android boxs are much faster and better than the smart TVs. As long as you use a wireless mouse with them .

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

It will be fine , to put things into prospective , I have two Samsung smart TVs. I have android boxes connected to both of them , I never use the smart TVs ,  as i find the android boxes are much faster and better than the smart TVs. As long as you use a wireless mouse with them .

Thanks for the info. I have a smart TV but have never used it as such. Family tell me it's too slow and, as I do, they stream the (very) occasional programme/free movie via HDMI cable connected to a laptop. The OP mentioned IPTV. Is an Android box vital to subscribe to IPTV? Does it provide functionality over and above what a computer can do?

19 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Is an Android box vital to subscribe to IPTV?

No.

19 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Does it provide functionality over and above what a computer can do?

Other than being able to leave the box connected to the TV and use the laptop elsewhere no.

• Thanks 1

I have a android box X96 max (only 2 months old) probably 80% of the time it works fine but some nights watching football it buffers/stops frequently. The internet is fast and it is ethernet connected. If anyone has any advice would appreciate it

47 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

I have a android box X96 max (only 2 months old) probably 80% of the time it works fine but some nights watching football it buffers/stops frequently. The internet is fast and it is ethernet connected. If anyone has any advice would appreciate it

the buffering is caused by the uploader not your download speeds

4 hours ago, gimo said:

I'm about to order my first ever item on line , via Lazada -- an android box . Are all smart TVs compatable to all android boxes ? I have all the specifications for the A-box to give me IPTV . My TV is a Samsung UHD  AU/7700  ( 55 inch  138cm ) . Will this be ok with an 8 or 4gb/64gb , 11 tvbox ,Amlogic s905x4 2.4+5g ethernet 1000 dual  wi fi  Android box -- I'd hate to get it , only to be told I need a different type of TV ?

android boxes make a non-smart tv, smart. - but also work on smart tv's,

but they don't make a user smart

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brick Top said:

It will be fine , to put things into prospective , I have two Samsung smart TVs. I have android boxs connected to both of them , I never use the smart TVs ,  as i find the android boxs are much faster and better than the smart TVs. As long as you use a wireless mouse with them .

Thanks Brick

32 minutes ago, steve187 said:

34 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Steve -- how can the uploader problem be rectified ? Watching footballl and cricket  is my main reason for getting IPTV and therefore the andriod box . I gave up trying to be technologically smart a long time ago .

1 hour ago, gimo said:

Steve -- how can the uploader problem be rectified ? Watching footballl and cricket  is my main reason for getting IPTV and therefore the andriod box . I gave up trying to be technologically smart a long time ago .

too many people using the service at the same time, especially when live, i now watch F the next morning as trying to watch live even if the timing is good to do that causes too much buffering, a paid for service should solve the problem, but that costs