Thailand Post

BenCrew

From recent experience it's not exactly quick.

Last month I sent some documents to the UK using EMS.

It cost 1050 baht and took 12 days to arrive at it's final destination. Not so much express mail service and more snail mail...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

It cost 1050 baht and took 12 days to arrive at it's final destination. Not so much express mail service and more snail mail...

12 days seems very reasonable to me - unless you paid for express service with an "expected" shorter lead time?

• Like 1

I sent a small package to Manchester three weeks ago. With tracking it arrived in swampy with 9 hours and departed to the UK within 2hrs. Arrived in Landon and sat for almost two days then in Manchester another 24 hrs before delivery to the addressee.

The UK postal service is about as much use as boobs on a fish at the present time with strikes.

Having said that, about five weeks ago I was asked for 970Baht for an EMS letter to the UK. Ordinary post 340Baht. Sent it via the cheaper and it took 5 days.

As long as it gets there within a reasonable time i don't complain.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

In the last two weeks I have sent two letters, one by registered (250 bhat) that took two weeks, the other just normal (59 bhat) that took 6 days??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topt said:

12 days seems very reasonable to me - unless you paid for express service with an "expected" shorter lead time?

Yes I did pay for an express service that cost me 1050 baht for 5 sheets of A4 paper!

I'm sorry but 12 days is a complete joke especially when you take into account that the tracking stated it arrived at Suvarnabhumi the same day I posted it!

I then had to wait a week before there was a new update on the tracking.

I would suggest FastShip.  I was skeptical with their "4-5 days" (not including weekends).  I sent a 20kg box from Chiang Mai to North Carolina on 26 Oct and it arrived 1 Nov.  For the UK their advertise 3-5 days.  Hopefully my attached link doesn't violate the rules....just posting for group information only.

https://fastship.co/shipping-to-uk/

21 hours ago, howlee101 said:

I would suggest FastShip.  I was skeptical with their "4-5 days" (not including weekends).  I sent a 20kg box from Chiang Mai to North Carolina on 26 Oct and it arrived 1 Nov.  For the UK their advertise 3-5 days.  Hopefully my attached link doesn't violate the rules....just posting for group information only.

https://fastship.co/shipping-to-uk/

This appears to be just a reseller of existing services like DHL etc. 

Recomendations and alternatives are always welcome.

So far I think I might be in the lead:

1) Mailed an envelope to Los Angeles from the CNX airport Post Office.  Cost was 300 Baht with tracking.

I mailed it on September 23 2022.

2) The Thai Post Tracking website indicates it arrived in the United States on Sep 27, 2022.

As of today it still shows arrived at inward office of exchange International(United States).