Tourist visa for Thailand in Kuala Lumpur?

You can obtain a tourist visa at any embassy or consulate, requirements are standard ones, specific ones you can check online or on location. So both KL and Penang. Normally nothing too difficult but long-term repeaters sometimes get issues in KL.

In fact the 60 day tourist visa is kind of useless, now you get 45 days on arrival already, that you can extend with 30 days...

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Both location issue tourist visas.

Only the Kuala Lumpur embassy has a list of requirement on their website.

See: https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/n3gTFT2TOE/TOURIST_VISA_(TR)-new.pdf

Penang has nothing on the their website other than the application form.

When you click for visa info it takes you to the home page.

https://penang.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/114490-visa-requirements-ii

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You can obtain a tourist visa at any embassy or consulate, requirements are standard ones, specific ones you can check online or on location. So both KL and Penang. Normally nothing too difficult but long-term repeaters sometimes get issues in KL.

In fact the 60 day tourist visa is kind of useless, now you get 45 days on arrival already, that you can extend with 30 days...

Hi I’ve been in Thailand for 12 months getting Covid 2 monthly extensions. Last month I was in KL and re entered here with a 45 day visa exemption, I’m presuming I can go to immigration and get a further 30 day extension and is it then back to border runs?

Or should I say flying, exiting the country to return with a 45 day visa exemption and repeat?

How many times can the visa exemption be obtained in one calendar year?

I should add that I went to KL on a UK pport to return on my new Irish pport so they won’t see a 12 month history of many stamped pages and hopefully not causing any issues with immigration and entering. 

Any advice is appreciated!????????

1 hour ago, truthfix said:

Hi I’ve been in Thailand for 12 months getting Covid 2 monthly extensions. Last month I was in KL and re entered here with a 45 day visa exemption, I’m presuming I can go to immigration and get a further 30 day extension and is it then back to border runs?

You can apply for a 30 day extension.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension.

Hi

And then I can repeat? leave country to return with visa exemption (45 days) & 30 day extension etc?

Is there a limit to how many times a person can enter visa exempt & is 45 days offered also on border crossings?

I’m thinking flying back in is more lenient than border crossings maybe.

Thanks for your time & have a great day!

21 minutes ago, truthfix said:

Is there a limit to how many times a person can enter visa exempt & is 45 days offered also on border crossings?

There is no written limit by air. By land it is 2 per calendar year.

21 minutes ago, truthfix said:

I’m thinking flying back in is more lenient than border crossings maybe.

I would say they are more liement by land than air.

By air it can depend upon how far apart you entries are. Thay watch for those that just leave the country and then return shortly after leaving.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2022 at 9:00 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

The 45 days on arrival can be extended by another 30 days? How?

32 minutes ago, coralia said:

As before when it was 30-day visa exempt. Nothing has changed except 15 additional days for visa exempt entry and VOA and no fees for VOA now

5 hours ago, coralia said:

You apply for the 30 day extension at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

Passport and copies of the photo page and entry stamp. Plus a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, truthfix said:

When the 45 days are nearly up, go to immigration for a 30 day extension at 1900b.????

Thank you. Is there any difficulty in obtaining the extension? I am asking because if I buy a flight ticket for 70 days and then I can't get the extension I am going to be in trouble...

10 hours ago, Onerak said:

As before when it was 30-day visa exempt. Nothing has changed except 15 additional days for visa exempt entry and VOA and no fees for VOA now

I did not know that the 30 days visa exempt could be extended....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 11:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no written limit by air. By land it is 2 per calendar year.

I would say they are more liement by land than air.

By air it can depend upon how far apart you entries are. Thay watch for those that just leave the country and then return shortly after leaving.

Should I have gotten a TM6 when entering Thailand from Malaysia? As I wasn’t given one and immigration didn’t ask for one.

It’s suggested online that it’s been temporarily suspended to ease travel congestion but that travellers should fill it in if planning to get a 30 day extension??

Edited by truthfix

10 hours ago, truthfix said:

Should I have gotten a TM6 when entering Thailand from Malaysia? As I wasn’t given one and immigration didn’t ask for one.

Not if you entered by air.

10 hours ago, truthfix said:

It’s suggested online that it’s been temporarily suspended to ease travel congestion but that travellers should fill it in if planning to get a 30 day extension??

False info.

You do not need to fill out one to do anything at immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not if you entered by air.

False info.

You do not need to fill out one to do anything at immigration.

Not by air, no? As I’ve always had one when entering Thailand many times before and immigration has always requested a photocopy of the TM6 to get the previous ‘C’ extensions…. Hmmmm.

Or is it because I entered from Malaysia rather than Europe?

34 minutes ago, truthfix said:

Not by air, no? As I’ve always had one when entering Thailand many times before and immigration has always requested a photocopy of the TM6 to get the previous ‘C’ extensions…. Hmmmm.

Or is it because I entered from Malaysia rather than Europe?

That stopped issuing TM6 forms a few months ago when entering by air.

By land they still issue them.

Immigration offices are aware that they are not being issued.

• Thumbs Up 1