Is there 24-hour bus in Bangkok?

Goodboybkk

4 minutes ago, allane said:

If you have nothing positive to contribute, why did you reply ?

You will spend a lot of time gatekeeping every thread on this site, in fact there is whole internet out there to manage. Good luck!

The OP was rather vague, I was giving the OP a light hearted opportunity to give us more of a clue where he wanted to go and where from .. or if he just wanted to ride around in circles for fun. Then he could get some more specific info.

Anyway, crack on ..

10 minutes ago, recom273 said:

or if he just wanted to ride around in circles for fun

I used to do that about 25-odd years ago when I was staying on the Khao San Road/Soi Rambuttri area. 

it was fun as hell, especially coming back home drunk from Nana Plaza on those crazy old "green rockets".

once I took a random bus to the end of the line which was somewhere down near the river. I took the one baht ferry across the river to God knows where and got chatting to a young Thai fella who wanted to know what the hell I was up to. he bought me a Coke and then I just turned around and went back the same way I came. 

great way too see the city if you have the time and the forbearance for the non-AC buses (cheaper, better view)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

During some lean years, I used to ride the #2 Red bus between 1 & 3 AM pretty regularly.  Schedule very irregular, often 45 minutes to an hour between buses, then 2 or 3 will come at the same time.  Usually very full with late night workers.  I never had a problem with anybody on one of those buses.

The only time city buses can be scary is when schools let out and crowds of kids push in.  Usually they are polite but problems between various school gangs have been known to break-out.

Edited by dddave
  • Thumbs Up 1