Thai NON-O Custody and Marriage Visa

Dear Members,

After years of confusion, i decided to write my question here with the hope to find an answer, and answering with facts and reasons without being defensive 

After 15 years being in Thailand making every year an extension of visa I felt bored with the age, tired and I see the whole thing as unfair 

my question is why need to apply again for NON-O marriage/Custody every 11 months and +wait for 1 month, while there is an elite visa for someone who has no family in Thailand of 5 and 10 years 

Why the NON-O is not valid also for 2 or 5 years?

And what's the concept of making people feel tired and unstable?
It's very normal and logic to grant a short-term visa for tourists but not for some one married with kids that wants to feel a bit secure and doesn't require no help from Thailand

Thanks

Best regards 

Because this is Thailand, and Thais do not want long term 'residents, but only short term visitors who will spend lots of money  and fall for all the scams.

Immigration laws are not expected to make sense or be logical.   Just smile and do what i aske of you, and you will find life is much easier.

• Like 1

Women are traditionally expected to live in the country of their husbands.

While the western world has recently broken with that tradition, the rest of the world hasn't.

So if a foreign woman marries a Thai man she can get citizenship a year later, no hoops.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1