Pantoprazol Generic instead of Controloc

moogradod

I need Pantropazol 40mg tablets. BPH has given me Controloc and said there are Generica available as well.

So I have been to Fascino North Road and all they have is Controloc which is imported from Germany.

Pantoprazol is a very common medicament. Has anybody an idea where I could get a generic in and around Pattaya and how much it would cost me ?

Thanks for your support.

22 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I've never heard of a generic pantaprazole in Thailand and I have asked, but not for the past 6 months. I use Dexilant or Controloc and at times Omeprazole.

Thank you.

Omeprazole can be had in the form of "Sanosec" at an extremely cheap price at Fascino. So cheap I forgot how much.

But my Gastroneterologist at BHP says it is not strong enough - I need at least Controloc.

One step more up would be Vonoprazan in the form of "Vocini". But a pack of 14 tablets is nearly THB 6K they said at Fascino today, so I will skip that.

48 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thank you.

Omeprazole can be had in the form of "Sanosec" at an extremely cheap price at Fascino. So cheap I forgot how much.

But my Gastroneterologist at BHP says it is not strong enough - I need at least Controloc.

One step more up would be Vonoprazan in the form of "Vocini". But a pack of 14 tablets is nearly THB 6K they said at Fascino today, so I will skip that.

Unless things have changed in the past 6 months, I'm pretty sure that controloc is still on patent, I don't think there are any generics........but if you find, please shout! ????

I haven't needed pantoprazole ( Somac ) for a couple of years. These are my techniques which eliminated gastric reflux.

1/ Eat low carbohydrate foods, avoid sugar as much as possible. Limit alcohol likewise.

2/ Finish eating the evening meal at least 2.5 hours before going to bed. No snacks later.

3/ Elevate the pillow or bed so your head is about 10 degrees higher than your feet.

4/ Keep a glass or bottle of water by the bed, take a sip if you wake up during the night.

5/ Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda ( sodium bicarbonate ) in a glass of water, and drink just before going to bed. You will find that is a hell of a lot cheaper than pantoprazole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

Just back from the pharmacy after buying controloc, the price has fallen by about 40%, the girl couldn't tell me if there was now a generic but it certainly looks that way. 40mg and 20mg, 650 and 550 respectively.

Thanks for the info ! The price at Fascino is marginally a bit higher but it is not worlds apart. A generic should be significantly cheaper like the incredibly low THB 650.-- they demanded for a pack of 500 tablets Metformin (might be a bit higher now but not much, mabe around 750 as far as I remember). I will post it if I find a pantoprazole generic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I haven't needed pantoprazole ( Somac ) for a couple of years. These are my techniques which eliminated gastric reflux.

1/ Eat low carbohydrate foods, avoid sugar as much as possible. Limit alcohol likewise.

2/ Finish eating the evening meal at least 2.5 hours before going to bed. No snacks later.

3/ Elevate the pillow or bed so your head is about 10 degrees higher than your feet.

4/ Keep a glass or bottle of water by the bed, take a sip if you wake up during the night.

5/ Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda ( sodium bicarbonate ) in a glass of water, and drink just before going to bed. You will find that is a hell of a lot cheaper than pantoprazole.

Thank you for the suggestions. I think the most valuable for me is your #5 (baking soda). I will try that.

#1 is easy as alcohol is concerned - I would love to drink actually but it would kill me because of my heart with an Ejection Fraction of only 27%. I did once a carbohydrate diet (it was called "Atkins" diet - but as soon as you need to force yourself to adopt a certain behaviour this is bound to fail in the long run. I like my noodles, rice, potatoes). The surprizing truth however is that if you really decide (instead of thinking "it would be better") then everything becomes extremely easy. That is how I stopped smoking 18 years ago from one second to the next without any problem at all and I was a heavy smoker. If you really decide to do it who is there to prevent you from it ? Really works. A clear decision is key and this is to make for you alone. But it must be a firm decision - that is all that is needed.

#2: No way for me, have been used for decades to eat in the evening - I sometimes even eat at night. Again the decision thing. I want it that way even it might not be the most healthy behaviour and I would only change if it would cause extraordinary discomfort that would force me to do it under all circumstances.

#3 Current bed construction does not allow it but I have a nice pillow which I constructed myself from a long cushion which was originally designed to help pregnant women sleep . ???? Best pillow I ever had.

#4 I do that already since I can think of.

4 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I think the most valuable for me is your #5 (baking soda). I will try that.

#1 is easy as alcohol is concerned - I would love to drink actually but it would kill me because of my heart with an Ejection Fraction of only 27%. I did once a carbohydrate diet (it was called "Atkins" diet - but as soon as you need to force yourself to adopt a certain behaviour this is bound to fail in the long run. I like my noodles, rice, potatoes). The surprizing truth however is that if you really decide (instead of thinking "it would be better") then everything becomes extremely easy. That is how I stopped smoking 18 years ago from one second to the next without any problem at all and I was a heavy smoker. If you really decide to do it who is there to prevent you from it ? Really works. A clear decision is key and this is to make for you alone. But it must be a firm decision - that is all that is needed.

#2: No way for me, have been used for decades to eat in the evening - I sometimes even eat at night. Again the decision thing. I want it that way even it might not be the most healthy behaviour and I would only change if it would cause extraordinary discomfort that would force me to do it under all circumstances.

#3 Current bed construction does not allow it but I have a nice pillow which I constructed myself from a long cushion which was originally designed to help pregnant women sleep . ???? Best pillow I ever had.

#4 I do that already since I can think of.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the other part of getting off medications - exercise - might be risky for you. It would have to be monitored by a medical professional.

I am not advocating an Atkins diet, that was too extreme for me as well. I eat as much cheese and yoghurt as I want. Eggs for breakfast every morning.

It's a matter of picking the right carbs, not necessarily giving them up. For example, I don't eat peanuts, cashews and pistachios. I do eat Brazil nuts, almonds and macadamias.

Surprisingly, I can lash out a couple of times a week with bangers and mash with onion gravy, fish and chips, or icecream without affecting the results of my diet.

About two years ago, I made a decision to get fitter. This year, it was to lose weight.

6 years ago, I needed 5 or 6 daily or periodic medications. As I write, I am down to one only. I have said goodbye to high blood pressure, gastric reflux, depression, night cramps, prediabetes, and osteoarthritis.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I do all those things except the bi-carb trick plus I don't touch alcohol, I might just give it a try. Thanks.

I read recently that there's a procedure being offered in the UK now to fox GERD and the broken sphincter valve which is quite simple, it has an 85% success rate. I wonder how long before we see it offered here.

1 minute ago, nigelforbes said:

I do all those things except the bi-carb trick plus I don't touch alcohol, I might just give it a try. Thanks.

I read recently that there's a procedure being offered in the UK now to fox GERD and the broken sphincter valve which is quite simple, it has an 85% success rate. I wonder how long before we see it offered here.

The main problem with GERD is the irritation of the esophagus, which may lead to esophageal cancer. Secondary is the sleep interruption it causes.

Pantoprazole and others in that class are known as proton pump inhibitors. In layman's language, it means the drug is damping down the stomach's ability to produce acid used to digest food.

Baking soda simply neutralizes the acid in the stomach. If enough gap is left between eating and going to bed, the stomach stops producing acid, leaving only residual acid for the baking soda to neutralize.

That is my logic, it seems to work for me.

• Thanks 1