I wish to change from Non Imm O-A to Non Imm O. Do I need proof of onward travel when entering Thailand on Visa exempt stamp?

Hi, I am from the UK. 5 years ago I obtained a Non Imm O-A visa just before travelling to Thailand.

Because of some very helpful people of this site (it was then Thai Visa) I knew what best to do. Myself and my Thai girlfriend had a holiday in Vietnam just before the Enter Before date on my visa.

Concerning health insurance I decided to self insure.

I have more than 800,000 baht a Thai bank account.

I obtained my first 1 year extension based on retirement at a cost of 1,900B

The changing of the rules then started to affect me in that I needed health insurance for further 1 year extensions.

I had planned to change to a Non Imm O visa but Covid put that on hold. 

So 3 times I have had to buy almost worthless Thai approved health insurance for 7,700 baht per year.

In May 2023 I will have to pay a lot more for health insurance but the borders are open ….. Yippee ……  It is now time to convert to a Non Imm O visa!  A good excuse for a holiday!

I now live in Hua Hin and my plan is fly to Kular Lumpar to have a short holiday, then return with a 30 or 45 day visa exemption, then go to Hua Hin immigration to obtain a Non Imm O visa. They have already said that they can do that.

I have one question concerning proof of onward travel.

I have been living in Thailand for 5 years, I rent a condo in Hua Hin and have the rental contract. I own a car and a motorbike in Thailand and have Thai driving licences.

I will be buying return Air Asia tickets for my Thai gf and myself Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur for 1 week.

Because I will be entering Thailand with a visa exempt stamp, in my situation would I really need to purchase another flight out of Thailand that I would obviously not use?

Thanks in advance

Keith

10 minutes ago, Keith5588 said:

I will be buying return Air Asia tickets for my Thai gf and myself Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur for 1 week.

Because I will be entering Thailand with a visa exempt stamp, in my situation would I really need to purchase another flight out of Thailand that I would obviously not use

You will all most certainly require onward flight with AirAsia.

You can purchase throw away ticket approx 1500b 

Or purchase "rent a ticket" from companies such as "onward flight.com" .

Note that the living in Thailand owning this and that has  nothing to do with onward flight requirement from Airline for visa exempt entry. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will all most certainly require onward flight with AirAsia.

You can purchase throw away ticket approx 1500b 

Or purchase "rent a ticket" from companies such as "onward flight.com" .

Note that the living in Thailand owning this and that has  nothing to do with onward flight requirement from Airline for visa exempt entry. 

Thanks Jack, I did suspect I would need an onward flight even though I think it illogical as I live in Thailand.

Cheers

Keith

42 minutes ago, Keith5588 said:

I did suspect I would need an onward flight even though I think it illogical as I live in Thailand

I agree..

The onward flight flight thing (for airline) is a joke.

Even more so when your passport stamps show that you live in Thailand.

Also any onward flight does not assist the airline you fly with to enter Thailand.

If refused entry on arrival by Thai immigration, the onward flight is irrelevant.

• Like 1