November 7, 20223 yr What do these figures say? Does it show the 'degree' of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on the tested arm? Is surgery the only way out? Thank you.
November 7, 20223 yr I have no idea, especially since the speed is blank in all but one place. Surely the doctor who referred you for this test, will tell you the meaning of the results. If you have CTS, depending in how early it is detected, sometimes concervative measures like splinting and oral anti-inflammatories and rest will suffice. If not, sometimes cortisone injections will do the trick. More extensive then yes surgery is needed. It is quite a simple surgery, done as a day procedure. I've had it myself.
November 7, 20223 yr Author Thank you very much Sheryl. Let me see what the Doctor says. I am trying my best to avoid surgery! Mortally fear any medical procedure.
November 7, 20223 yr 27 minutes ago, ravip said: Thank you very much Sheryl. Let me see what the Doctor says. I am trying my best to avoid surgery! Mortally fear any medical procedure. I have had two carpal tunnel operations, left and right hand. My hands are fully functional and pain-free about 20 years after the operations. IME splinting and anti-inflammatories are very temporary fixes. Anti-inflammatories damage the kidneys with prolonged use. Cortisone worked for me for about 4 months. The danger with cortisone is it destroys nerve tissue, so usually 2-3 injections is the limit. Like a lot of other surgeries, recovery is dependent on the amount of rehabilitation the patient is prepared to put in afterwards. As Sheryl says, it is a simple operation. One learns to operate with one hand only for a month or two. The good news is the fix seems to be permanent, I have never heard of anyone requiring a repeat operation. IMO you will find the aftermath of an operation is much more preferable to the sleeplessness and pain caused by carpal tunnel syndrome. Cast off your fear. Edited November 7, 20223 yr by Lacessit
Create an account or sign in to comment