Growing Lettuce from Seeds

I have these green cones and small spounges, but not sure exactly how to use them to propergate seeds.

I think you would put the spounge in the cone, add some water and one/some seeds. Then when the plants grow a bit, transplant them to the clay beads beds. Do you also add some food, if so what?

Before I've just broadcast the seeds in the hydro beds.

Anyone (who's done it before) clue me in? Thanks

20221110_111102.jpg

I use the same trays as you show but I do not use the sponges. I use ground up coir soaked overnight in a bowl with propagating solution. I squeeze out most of the moisture then spread over to fill all the cones. Place one seed in each cone and cover with a dusting of the coir mixture. I have a hand spraying bottle filled with propagating fluid and give a light spraying each morning to keep the coir moist, but not wet which will encourage root rot. When the seedlings reach approximately 3/4 inch I transfer to clear plastic drinking cups filled with clay beads and a weaker growing medium. This way you can observe the root growth. With sufficient growth I transfer to my final growing system. There is a "farming in Thailand" section which has a hydroponic section in Aseannow for more methods.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sophon said:

This seems more like a "Plants, Pets and Vets in Thailand" than a "DIY" topic.

I agree...

Topic moved to the Organic Farming, Smallholding and Kitchen Gardening Forum where I hope you will get more responses to your query.

/Moved.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:23 AM, stratocaster said:

I use the same trays as you show but I do not use the sponges. I use ground up coir soaked overnight in a bowl with propagating solution. I squeeze out most of the moisture then spread over to fill all the cones. Place one seed in each cone and cover with a dusting of the coir mixture. I have a hand spraying bottle filled with propagating fluid and give a light spraying each morning to keep the coir moist, but not wet which will encourage root rot. When the seedlings reach approximately 3/4 inch I transfer to clear plastic drinking cups filled with clay beads and a weaker growing medium. This way you can observe the root growth. With sufficient growth I transfer to my final growing system. There is a "farming in Thailand" section which has a hydroponic section in Aseannow for more methods.

What do you use for Propagating Fluid?