Canabis oil?

toast1

4 hours ago, toast1 said:

Great, thanks

If there is someone who can recommend a Dr, or a place to buy from, can you please let me have the  info.

Thank you

please be careful even with legal oil. a lot of it is tainted and not good for you at all. 

what sort of dosage are you looking for ? 

Interesting, If you can tell me the name of the hospital, please let me know.

I'm looking for some good quality canabis oil, with and without THC, for medicinal purposes.

What's the best way to make sure i'm getting high quality oil, I'm guessing a hospital would be better quality and more reliable.

Thanks

Edited by toast1

8 hours ago, toast1 said:

What's the best way to make sure i'm getting high quality oil, I'm guessing a hospital would be better quality and more reliable.

not necessarily. at the beginning of this a certain 3 letter organization was selling oils made out of thai brick. 

On 11/13/2022 at 2:10 AM, toast1 said:

I take canabis oil for medicinal purposes, not pleasure.

Can you describe what is is you take, or have taken, maybe with a photo or link? Without any information this is like monkeys throwing darts.

My take on this subject, and it comes up very often here, is that if there were a good tincture out there one of us would know about it.

AFAIK, we don't.

I have been taking legal CBD oil in the UK for medicinal purposes.
As pin and nausia relief.

It is now legal in the UK.

It is interesting to hear that you haven't been able to find decent quailty tinctre.

I am not sure as to the chemical makeup of the oil, which looks like peanut butter, however.

Thank you

5 hours ago, toast1 said:

I have been taking legal CBD oil in the UK for medicinal purposes.

Can you post a photo of the CBD Oil you're taking? Or maybe a link?

I'm guessing you're in the U.K. now but want to line up a similar offering to cover you while you visit Thailand?

It may be legal to travel with your CBD oil, as long as the THC % is below some level (3%?). It's on you to research that possibility. Having a copy of the Doctor's prescription may also be required.

On 11/13/2022 at 2:10 AM, toast1 said:

I only want to buy something that is legal.

There are very few truly 'legal' tinctures, and 'legal' has many meanings in Thailand. Any legal ticnture would have to come from the MoPH/DTAM, and /or be approved by the Thai FDA.

There has been more movement on medical Cannabis from straight-up medical doctors and hospitals to DTAM, The Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine (under the MoPH). Although I'm not sure how much DTAM wants to treat foreigners? Maybe Google DTAM and CBD Oil. DTAM operates clinics from within the naitonal/MoPH structure.

At the next level, descending, are semi-/quasi- "clinics" and "wellness centers", offering Cannabis treatment.

At the bottom of the barrel are people pedaling "oil" on-line.

This question gets asked a lot here. I've yet to see anything legal, legitimate, safe, approved and reliable mentioned that is "real". But I don't really follow this topic much. People often make vague comments about CBD oil, usually with secretive references, or third-party "experiences", but those are of course worthless.

Understanding EXACTLY what it is you're using now would go a long way towards finding something comparable.

Thanks for the info.

My canabis oil comes from a little producer, so its legal, but not a commercial product.

Thanks for info about Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine (under the MoPH), I'll be sure to check that out.

I appreciate the warning about questionable products and claims.

If there's a hospital or clinic you can recommend, please let me know.

The legal oil is Raksa from Golden Triangle Group. Very low THC. Also the full spectrum tincture from CBD35. But both are expensive compared to similar products in the UK. I just can't afford the 50mg a day I need for severe nerve pain.

Mellow Organics has a cheaper CBD isolate, 1250 baht for a 30ml bottle with 900mg of CBD. I'm about to give it a try. Like Raksa it comes from Thailand.

I went to the government clinics right from the beginning, but initially they only had THC in miniscule amounts and then after 2 months they said they couldn't give it to foreigners. Aphaiphubet Hospital in Prachinburi was the best. They eventually gave me 1:1 CBD:THC as part of a clinical trial but again in miniscule amounts (like 1gm CBD per day).

The GTG people have a legal dispensing clinic on Sukhumvit somewhere (maybe Soi 13) where you can buy 1:1 oil prescribed by a doctor. They have all advertised on Facebook at one time or another. Then you order via Messenger and transfer the money to their account. A bit clunky but it works.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, PrikPot said:

Hello @toast1

We sell fully legal CBD oil with no THC. Prices also include free delivery throughout Thailand. Click on link below for details. 

Learn more here.

Just curious, how do you get the THC out?  Or do you extract from strains with very low THC.

Edited by JackGats
spelling

Not sure if it's still relevant for the OP, but there is a difference between oil and tincture.

I tried both as part of a university research programme here a couple of years ago: the oil was very similar to the gunk that first hit the unregulated market in Europe about 45 years ago, it gave me an unpleasant dizzy feeling.

The tincture provided at least some of the benefits that are associated with CBD regarding pain management - at that time I had strained my lower back and it did help, but not as much as ibuprofen ????

I believe regulated versions of both are now easily available here (THC max 0.2%).  Previously a Dr's prescription was required, but either that restriction has been lifted or simply bypassed.

35 minutes ago, oldscool said:

Not sure if it's still relevant for the OP, but there is a difference between oil and tincture.

I think that most people mean tincture when they ask about oil. That is  it is something taken orally.

35 minutes ago, oldscool said:

I tried both as part of a university research programme here a couple of years ago

Can you share any details on this "research programme"? I'm surprised they accepted foreigners - I've made that assumption - into such a  programme?

Or did you have to sign an NDA?

Dear Bam,

oils and tinctures are very different extraction processes with very different results, but rather than me explaining it I'd suggest google, as it's been a long day and I'm about to go home.

This particular research programme closed some time ago and it involved two of the universities, several hospitals, and farming collectives. It was centred on CBD, and THC <2%, and It was managed by a close family friend who's a senior consulting research doctor here. There have been many such research programmes in the last few years.

I've been working here professionally for over 12 years, so while I am a foreigner (as I mentioned earlier today on another thread) I'm very much part of certain initiatives here.

No I didn't have to sign any NDA, but neither am I going to go into further details on this forum, for reasons that I'm sure you can understand.

Anyway, I'm off home to a cold beer, have a good evening.