Click Ta Problems

Kringle

Having all kinds of problems with Click TA. Some sites like this one< ican get into but others take forever to load and then goes to the page "The page cannot be displayed" and I've tried call Click TA and they say they are having problems but this has been going on since last night. They did try and said it's OK but it's not. Like I said, I can get to some sites but most do not work at all. Is there anything I can do on my end. Has anyone else had this problem. Help!! :o

Thanks, Kringle

If they say they are having problems, and you are having problems, I would tend to agree with them. Most of us are not using this type of service from TA/TRUE so can not be of much help. I believe it is a proxy service. All services have outages at some time or another so most have two accounts handy.

If you have a TA phone line try dialing into the EASY service. Just use name "easy" and tel number 02 900 0000. Charge will be 9 baht per hour charged to phone bill. No prior registration is needed.

Kringle,

I have clickta and have sometimes problems, too. But that's normal. At times when many people are online, speed drops. That's not only with clickta, that's the same thing around the world!

A good suggestion: why not take TRUE ADSL. I started out with 256kbps 3 months ago and now I just switched to their newest offer: 2.5 MB/s (YES!!), 24 hours for 1,150 Baht per month. This can't be beaten right now by any other ISP in Thailand!

Cheers!

Kringle...what speeds are you getting when you download from ...let's say...a USA located site? I agree, the TRUE looks great! I'm trying to get it for my home right now. Also, how has customer support been (if you've had any experience with them).

thanks,

-matty

lopburi3, thanks for the help and it worked fine.

I'm finally back up on ClickTA (dialup), they seem to have fixed their problem :D and now I just have to figure out all the things that are wrong with my new system. :o

Dario, I will be getting the True adsl soon but don't figure I need the 2.5 and will just stick with 250 to start with and see how that goes. The 750baht is cheap enough and I think fast enough for what I use it for. I have Windows ME on this system now but will be going to XP next week. I bought this system used and have to clear a bunch of stuff. It's got 1.8 with 256 but will switch this to 512.

Strongview, Customer support has been really good for me in the past. They will walk you through any problems. Speeds on dialup stay around 49.2 to 50.6 but then I live outside Bangkok (about 30 mins.). It will be mind blowing for me to get anywhere near the 256 when I get the adsl.

Thanks again for the help, Kringle :D

Dario, I will be getting the True adsl soon but don't figure I need the 2.5 and will just stick with 250 to start with and see how that goes. The 750baht is cheap enough

It is only 590 baht for 256 service - 750 baht is for 512/256 service now. :o