30 day extension, jomtien office, no TM30 done

Hello

What is the deal nowdays to get 30 day extension without having TM 30 done to my current  45 day exemptstay ?
I stay at my own condo so TM 30 is something i should done it my self. I downloaded this section something app, registered and received some link to verify my email and when clicked i got only some error message saying like do not work or something,, Lazy me i did not bother myself more since then i thought i do not need ext..

So if i go to jomtien immigration to do this TM30, I will get fine ? Yes or no, If how much?

I have tm 30 slip to same address in my old passport but that is from 2019 precovid times when was here last time so i guess that is not valid anymore ?

Other options other than pay fine ?

Agent , Cost ?
Check in to cheap hotel in jomtien for one night ( or need more nights ? ) and get ext with hotel details ?

Thanks

The popular theory is to check into a hotel the night before you go for extension and get the hotel TM30 submission proof to add to your application, seems to work

TM7 Form, copy of Passport page, entry stamp, Tm30 and one passport pic +1900 baht

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

Other options other than pay fine ?

Agent , Cost ?
Check in to cheap hotel in jomtien for one night ( or need more nights ? ) and get ext with hotel details ?

If you own a condo you can supply required docs to obtain TM30.

For me, use of agent to do the whole gig of obtaining the extension and TM30 pushed aside would be something I would consider. 

Fortunately in Pattaya there are many good agents.

Maneerat Soi post office being one. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you own a condo you can supply required docs to obtain TM30

The problem is he had only 24 hours after arrival to apply for the Tm30 which is obviously passed so a 600 baht fine may apply

Getting a hotel TM30 seems easier (or just pay the fine and apply for TM30 with copies of Chanote, passport page and entry stamp)

Edited by aussiexpat

6 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The problem is he had only 24 hours after arrival to apply for the Tm30 which is obviously passed so a 600 baht fine may apply

He can obtain TM30 at anytime prior to attending immigration. 

Pretty sure the fine is 800baht .

In any event irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He can obtain TM30 at anytime prior to attending immigration. 

Pretty sure the fine is 800baht

Last time I applied for a TM30 in Jomtien the couple before me were fined 600 baht for not doing the TM30 within 24 hours. IO had entry date on computer and no TM30 filed. Maybe an IO off day but couple were OK to pay it and move on

That's why I thought hotel was better rather than apply later than the rules allow

• Like 1

Now all the unworthy farang will get a new tm30 everytime we travel and stay at a hotel... I live with my wife in the house that I bought for her and we went to Pai for a few days... when I did my latest 90 day report online as I had done the previous three 90 day reports... it was rejected because the address that I live at was not the address that they had for me... they had the hotel in Pai... so now everytime that I travel and stay in a hotel I have to apply for a new TM30 for my permanent residence... makes perfect sense to me... not.

4 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Now all the unworthy farang will get a new tm30 everytime we travel and stay at a hotel... I live with my wife in the house that I bought for her and we went to Pai for a few days... when I did my latest 90 day report online as I had done the previous three 90 day reports... it was rejected because the address that I live at was not the address that they had for me... they had the hotel in Pai... so now everytime that I travel and stay in a hotel I have to apply for a new TM30 for my permanent residence... makes perfect sense to me... not.

The rules state you do not need to do a TM30 report when traveling within the country. Immigration failed to notice that the report was done by a hotel that would not change your registered address.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules state you do not need to do a TM30 report when traveling within the country. Immigration failed to notice that the report was done by a hotel that would not change your registered address.

Then my requested trip to Immigration by the TM30 officer was just an exercise... no it was real and wasted half my day while they tried to figure it out.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe, how does one go about changing one's registered address? I'm moving condos in a few months and would like to be prepared in advance. I'm in Bangkok and new condo will also be Bangkok.

Is it simply a matter of the condo office submitting a TM30 or is something else required?

A friend who owns a house has just registered his place via the online portal and he sent me a screenshot of the "FNHOTELFORM30" page but it doesn't have a field for declaring the property as your permanent address so as usual I am very confuse ????

Edited by Lemsta69

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Is it simply a matter of the condo office submitting a TM30 or is something else required?

A TM30 report is enough but best to take it to immigration with copies of the owners house book and ID card to insure your registered address is changed. The might also want a copy of the rental agreement.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Immigration is gonna find you 1,600 baht. Pay it and do the notification there at the office. Then do your usual extension. 

Btw, you should know better since you own your own condo, so there's really no excuse.

you're a bit late to the party fella, OP's already got it sorted with no fine. he's also going to sign up to the web-based tm30 portal.

you should know better than to post a reply without reading ALL the replies, there's really no excuse.