New marijuana regulations could spell the end of vans selling weed, smoking cafes and online flowers

webfact

On 11/16/2022 at 12:26 AM, kwilco said:

The evidence is so thin it is really to be ignored. Anecdotal evidence I'm afraid is just a joke  - "I have a friend who...."

The truth is that the only way that cannabis can be verified is by proper scientific process - e.g. double blind peer reviewed papers and not just one either,

There has been some serious evidence that it might have effects on fits/tremors etc - but there simply isn' enough research done.

You may have noticed that almost every quack medicine has the same sort of claims - they always claim to relieve pain - the reason for this is that pain is almost completely subjective - it is impossible to measure in any factual way and is also subject to psychological issues and even placebo effects.

However the fact that in most of the world cannabis has been illegal for years means that there has in fact been very little research done and that that has is very shallow.

There is a massive problem with cannabis and medication and that is that so many people WANT it to be some kind of miracle cure that it is now subject to every quack, hypochondriac and con-man to jump in and claim its efficacy. so-called papers are released that when looked at tun out to be nothing more than wishful thinking r cherrypicking and anecdotal evidence - but the Thai healthcare system which allows both TCM and McDonalds into their premises is a soft target for this kind of poppy-cock.

I can say as an asthmatic who smoked it for years up to 1990 it never helped with that. I never experienced the hybrid "skunk weed" so I've no idea how that affects people.

It seems odd that some administrations allow it and some don't while there has been little interest in testing its effectiveness in pain relief for certain illnesses.

It looks to me that Thailand declassified it as a tourist draw in a bid to increase revenue and better compete with other local destinations.

I have no reason to doubt my friend's word though and although he might be an exception to the norm I suggest you refrain from dismissing his opinion as purely "anecdotal".

5 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I can say as an asthmatic who smoked it for years up to 1990 it never helped with that. I never experienced the hybrid "skunk weed" so I've no idea how that affects people.

It seems odd that some administrations allow it and some don't while there has been little interest in testing its effectiveness in pain relief for certain illnesses.

It looks to me that Thailand declassified it as a tourist draw in a bid to increase revenue and better compete with other local destinations.

I have no reason to doubt my friend's word though and although he might be an exception to the norm I suggest you refrain from dismissing his opinion as purely "anecdotal".

People who claim cannabis as a medicine do so because they "want" it to be. They used recreationally and now they want it legalised.

I've nothing against it as a recreational drug but medically it's 99% quackery.

THe whole thing about quack medicines is their claims are nebulous or psychosomatic....pain is usually the target claim as that is nigh-on impossible to quantify.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:27 PM, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I agree, however some do say it helps alleviate the symptoms and pain of certain conditions, so I'm not against its use for "medical purposes" for that reason.

I have a friend with chronic arthritis who hates all the painkillers and says it works. He used to work in a nuclear power station control room so he is a pretty sensible and responsible person.

Me too!

Arthritis in my knuckles, the pain is gone every day with either 8x Paracetamol spread through the day or 0.5gm MJ smoked of an evening. The MJ is better as it not only removes the pain for the entire next day, but the swelling in my knuckles is reduced and strength returned to my hands. I don't like the 'recreational effects' so I smoke before sleep so I don't have to endure them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1