New marijuana regulations could spell the end of vans selling weed, smoking cafes and online flowers

webfact

Of course. Now when all HISO ministers and big power boys  have put their shares in private and governmental production it's time to throw out the people and regulate sales. I knew this would happen and I said it from the start

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, JCauto said:

That would be ageist and wrong. Discrimination against someone for any physical reason or for something they can't change like age is wrong. However, demonstrating your lack of knowledge through the words you type shows you are a know-nothing, at least as far as this particular topic is concerned. 

A boomer should no more not less about marijuana than any more recent age group.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

People have the right to complain and get action for annoyance and smell of ganja products in public places.

I've complaining for years about the smell of durian and they all laugh!!

And lucky I waited before buying the van...

Edited by LukKrueng
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JayBird said:

If you can't smoke at home (condo, no balcony, kids or partner who can't stand the smell), can't smoke in public, cafe, or at the dispensary:. Where do you smoke?

Good point. There are Condos such as Lumpini in Rangsit that don't even let you smoke on your own balcony, let alone inside. No use legalising it then preventing everyone from smoking it in public and almost in private.

First I don’t do any form of drugs unless coffee and alcohol fall into that category nor do I condem those who do it the ones I do condemn those who are dealers in hard drugs . Here on the islands there is now a weed shop on every corner in the last few months it has exploded a lot of Thais have placed big money on setting up business and have purchased buds at top prices and at the flick of a switch the Thai government decide they made yet another bad decision and or have already changed the rules so where does that lead us to in my humble opinion a great opportunity for the local police to go around demanding brown envelopes to ignore what’s going on it already happen in all the local lady bars Last week the law to allow foreigners to purchase freehold land this week it’s a change of law to put many Thais out of business by introducing stupid laws before they have been throughly looked into  “ Amazing Thailand “

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this will stop nothing, Cannabis will be regulated just like alcohol and cigarettes' which is a logical and sensible middle ground. Too many Thai people enjoy a good smoke and like cultivating it. 

The anti-weed haters and over zealous pro choice cannabis junkies will need to find an accommodation so we can all live together.  

It's actually the powerful medical industry pushing this new reform, they lost control of something they thought was their little CBD industry.

These guys just can't make up their minds. And they wonder why attempts to get business to Thailand largely fails. First they go off half cocked and adopt an "anything goes" policy. Now they don't like what they decided.

This hurts businesspeople. You'd think they'd want to help them.

• Like 1

It's simply astounding the amount of ignorance shown by the posters high-fiving each other at the thought of pushing that evil devil's lettuce back into the shadows..

That they all seem to completely lack the basic facts, i.e. cannabis is completely legal, is no deterrent to them.

Read the law and weep..

Those of us who do understand can't be bothered to keep trying to educate these people.

Reality will do that for us..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobbin said:

It's simply astounding the amount of ignorance shown by the posters high-fiving each other at the thought of pushing that evil devil's lettuce back into the shadows..

That they all seem to completely lack the basic facts, i.e. cannabis is completely legal, is no deterrent to them.

Read the law and weep..

Those of us who do understand can't be bothered to keep trying to educate these people.

Reality will do that for us..

It maybe legal to grow and possess but you shouldn't be able to cause me to suffer the smoke.  I'm a once every 2 year partaker with a sensitive nose.  Can I be assured you won't mind if I open a bottle of real skunk scent near you?   I'm thinking part of this crackdown is to protect those fixed shops owned by hiso people.   Is I don't think a soi full of lettuce vendors in vans and table would be much appreciated by your average tourist.  

On my upcoming visit where will I be able to smoke some of I buy it? 

Will the condos and hotel rooms that are supposed to be non smoking smell like it?  My nose can't be beat. 

3 hours ago, sead said:

Of course. Now when all HISO ministers and big power boys  have put their shares in private and governmental production it's time to throw out the people and regulate sales. I knew this would happen and I said it from the start

Anutin seems a bit quiet.......maybe he has no interest in the matter....

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

it already happen in all the local lady bars Last week the law to allow foreigners to purchase freehold land

1. Prostitution has never been legal in Thailand.

2. The idea of allowing foreigners to buy plots of land has been floated many times in the past but has never materialized so far so there's no approval and then changes to such law.

As for cannabis - there was no changes to the laws of cannabis. It was simply removed from the list of category 5 drugs with few rules such as no under 20 (good), no pregnant / breast feeding women (would agree with this part IF same restrictions were put for sale and consumption of alcohol and cigarettes).

What happened is that many people interpreted the changes in regulation as cannabis is completely legal for any type of usage including recreational, which I think it should be. I think no one thought that the day it was removed from cat.5 list there will be so much demand and offers on the market. Technically it SHOULD have taken about 5  months from the announcement until LEGALLY grown cannabis hit the market.... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

This is a shame, albeit inevitable, given the backlash from conservatives.  Even though I have only indulged a couple of times since legalization, I liked the idea that stuffy, uptight Thailand had suddenly become the most liberal cannabis country in the world.  I think it was a great idea for tourism and that may all be killed now.

People who invested in shops off the main drag that never seem to have customers in them were probably dependent on online sales and may lose their investments now, if there is enforcement against online sales. However, this may be difficult when you look at the proliferation of online selling on FB and LINE by those who obviously don't shops and will be reluctant to give up this new source of income, while their customers will be relunctant to stop ordering low cost weed online. Considering that Thai police can't stop police selling illegal guns online, the prospect for stopping online sales of a legal product seems rather dismal. I guarantee that, if you google the right words in Thai, you will come across a short term pop up site selling illegal guns that will operate for a few days, make some money and then close down and pop up again somewhere else.  So why not with weed for which penalties will be much much less than for guns.

they can't enforce the traffic laws here. total joke.  

• Like 2