Lazada Search settings driving me crazy lately; advice needed on language settings.

WaveHunter

I had issues with language translation settings on Lazada and Chrome a few years ago and someone on this forum gave me a solution but now the issue has returned and I can't fix it!  Help LOL!!!

With the former solution in place (My OS and Chromes set to only show English translations, and clicking on the "English" button on Lazada) gave me almost all listings in English)

I recall that the solution was NOT to list Thai in language preferences in my operating system or on Google Preferences otherwise they would accpet Thai as NOT requiring translation...but now that no longer seems to work!

411744127_ScreenShot2022-11-15at1_30_19PM.jpg.22c7cc40a6b56982c5b107d1acd241aa.jpg

1838292346_ScreenShot2022-11-15at1_30_56PM.jpg.da3b527e637c4356066eb2ed2d94af89.jpg986334834_ScreenShot2022-11-15at1_32_53PM.jpg.e880b1d0bb37cd6222ad294333b3ac38.jpg

Now though, most listings are back to being entirely in Thai.

2129618666_ScreenShot2022-11-15at1_36_45PM.jpg.c4b532143c340bb01be5f6fc1f23b746.jpg

Anyone have a fix for this???

I often have to right click on an empty spot and ask Chrome to translate to English to get full English on Lazada.  Lazada is set to English - computer to English US - country Thailand and region settings Singapore (English) (to get C and date formats).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

I often have to right click on an empty spot and ask Chrome to translate to English to get full English on Lazada.  Lazada is set to English - computer to English US - country Thailand and region settings Singapore (English) (to get C and date formats).

I'll be damned!  "Right click on empty spot on page" works perfectly!  Even all of the buyer feedback is translated.  I never heard of that solution before!  How weird!!!!  I wonder why Chrome does not just automatically translate it?  

Anyways, Thanks so much! 

8 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I always do a supplemental search using the same words in my Lazada search using Google then adding the word "Lazada" at the end. Would you be surprised if you heard the results were often better than the search from the Lazada site itself?

Not only the search - even if you do not add Lazada - but much better chance for a reasonable price in my experience (not sure if fact/fiction/chance).  Lazada search all too often brings up a page for 2x-3x normal priced items from seller names that look like passwords.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I always do a supplemental search using the same words in my Lazada search using Google then adding the word "Lazada" at the end. Would you be surprised if you heard the results were often better than the search from the Lazada site itself?

I also do that frequently.  Lazada has one of the worst search engines of any online sales platforms I ever saw, even when you input the search in Thai! It's almost like it brings up everything EXCEPT what you are looking for LOL!  The search results through Google are always more targeted than what you get on Lazada.

BTW, I do the same when I want to search this forum since the search engine here leaves a lot to be desired.

One of the most perfect search engines in the world is eBay.  You almost always get search results that are EXACTLY what you are looking for and nothing else.  I wonder why other platforms can't just learn from eBay and use the same coding.  Even Amazon is pretty bad.  So is YouTube, even though it is supposed to be the largest search engine in the world next to Google.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not only the search - even if you do not add Lazada - but much better chance for a reasonable price in my experience (not sure if fact/fiction/chance).  Lazada search all too often brings up a page for 2x-3x normal priced items from seller names that look like passwords.

LOL...many Lazada merchants are so sleazy, posting ridiculous prices just to see if they can land some sucker.  ALmost every search will have hundreds of merchant listings for the exact same item and most of the listing having zero sales and zero feedback.  I would not be surprised if some of those overpriced listings don't even have inventory in stock, and they just plan on dropshipping it if they land a sale!

What I hate about Lazada is that they have few filters to sort the good merchants from the not-so-good merchants.  The simplest and best filter would be like AliExpress uses, where you can sort search results by the number of sales, so the listings on Page one of the results shows the listing with the most number of sales.  It stands to reason that the merchant with the most sales for a similar product is the one you will want to go with.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If you want to search within a domain then the correct syntax is 

site:aseannow.com and what you search. For Lazada for instance 

site:lazada.co.th printer

Problem at Lazada is that you can't sort the Google results for instance according price. 

7 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Problem at Lazada is that you can't sort the Google results for instance according price. 

As a former database administrator, I can appreciate your syntax.

As a former database administrator, I can't be bothered.

Thanks for the help, though.  ????

42 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

LOL...Most of the time you can't sort Lazada results by price either.  You try to sort by price and it says "no results found" even though default search showed many pages of listings.

Edited by WaveHunter

29 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

As a former database administrator, I can appreciate your syntax.

As a former database administrator, I can't be bothered.

Thanks for the help, though.  ????

Either way works BUT using the correct syntax is better since the other way you'll end up with a bunch of non-Lazada site search results as well.

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I wonder why other platforms can't just learn from eBay and use the same coding.

presumably because it's proprietary and cost an absolute bundle to develop by very smart devs. difficult to reproduce and if you want to use their search algo you'll have to pay a hefty license fee.

On 11/15/2022 at 6:57 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

You didn't catch the part of "I can't be bothered," did you?

My reply was not for you but for people who don't mind the second or two it takes to do things the right way so that they get highly targeted search results.  It DOES make a significant difference in filtering out search results that are not actually a part of the Lazada site, and there are tons of them since "lazada" is an often used keyword or tag.

Edited by WaveHunter

On 11/15/2022 at 6:23 PM, WaveHunter said:

LOL...Most of the time you can't sort Lazada results by price either.  You try to sort by price and it says "no results found" even though default search showed many pages of listings.

IF using Chrome, you can sort by price:

image.png.34caa2807e4c11216a965adc5e754052.png

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

IF using Chrome, you can sort by price:

image.png.34caa2807e4c11216a965adc5e754052.png

You can sort at any browser. Or I don't I understand the problem correctly. Simply select it at this field shown in my picture. 

16686691876200.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus