inkjet printers

superal

I did have a Brother multi task printer a couple of years ago that often gave me problems with the ink drying in the jets resulting in me taking it for repair which was OK for a few weeks but then dried up again despite me running a test print every day or two . 

I am now considering buying another colour printer and was thinking that this forum may suggest a printer that is more reliable . For use as a home device that is compatible with my Acer Chromebook laptop . Any recommendations / advice would be appreciated .

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As said for most people not needing glossy color photos laser seems to be the ticket ...

With the special glossy photo paper (laser type of course) they do very good and fade-proof photo prints too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

With the special glossy photo paper (laser type of course) they do very good and fade-proof photo prints too.

Thanks - was not aware they had a laser glossy option.  Seems like when first came out everyone mentioned the color was rather newspaper looking.  In that case seems laser would be the way to go.

• Like 2

Bought an Epson L3250 color ink jet at IT City Fortune Town about a year ago.   It uses the ink tanks.  I have been pleased that even though extended periods (months) go by without printing or a/c still works great.   On the other hand, inkjet printers (HP, Brother and others) in then US always had jet clogs after a couple of years that weren't fixable.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, superal said:

What is the price of this paper per 100 sheets please ? Is it thicker than the normal paper used on inkjet printers and easily folded ?

The 160gsm is 138Baht for 100 sheets on Lazada https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hi-jet-laser-art-glossy-photo-paper-160-a4-100-i7494267-s9358359.html

It's available in various weights (thicknesses) but not really foldable.

For comparison regular copier paper is about 70gsm so the photo stuff is about twice as thick.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

The 160gsm is 138Baht for 100 sheets on Lazada https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hi-jet-laser-art-glossy-photo-paper-160-a4-100-i7494267-s9358359.html

It's available in various weights (thicknesses) but not really foldable.

For comparison regular copier paper is about 70gsm so the photo stuff is about twice as thick.

Thanks for the info but when doing normal day to day printing is the paper foldable ?

18 hours ago, Stocky said:

If you do decide to buy another inkjet then make sure it's one where the printer heads are part of the cartridge. If the printer has problems with drying up, that running the maintenance print routine doesn't fix, you can always just replace the cartridge; which will give you a new clean printer head.

Can you remember the name of the printer with the built in printer head in the cartridge ?

17 minutes ago, superal said:

Can you remember the name of the printer with the built in printer head in the cartridge ?

HP do, but I think most new cartridge type models incorporate the printer head with the cartridge regardless of manufacturer; printers with ink tanks obviously don't. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Stocky said:

HP do, but I think most new cartridge type models incorporate the printer head with the cartridge regardless of manufacturer; printers with ink tanks obviously don't. 

Did you buy your printer in Surin ? because I shop there every week from Prasat