Dvd's For Uk

mikeyboy01

Hi i am leaving thailand tomorrow and wanted to buy some DVD's. Just been warned by someone that need to get the right one. BUt which is the one that works for the UKmarket? And also would there be issues for either DVD player or Computer?

Thanx in advance for any help

OK thanx forthat -so i what about the ones that say 'ALL' or NTSC? Shoukld all cover all regions?

I would expect ALL does what it says on the tin! As for NTSC not sure how that works with DVDs but with TV/Video the UK uses the PAL system NTSC is the States. But I'm no expert, I just know the UK is DVD region 2, I checked this out when buying a DVD and hunted down a multi region DVD instead, you can buy them in the UK.

Depends on what _type_ of DVD you buy...

If you buy the dodgy ones, they are not region coded, therefore will play in any DVD player. If you buy "original" ones they will be region coded for Asia (Region 3 i think it is).

Its easy enough to turn your DVD player into multi-region, just try a google search on your DVD player make and model with the word "Multi region" or "Region hack" and you will probably find a few pages that explain how to change your region code via a sequence of keys from your remote.

As for PAL/NTSC before i left the UK some of the better TV's were capable of displaying both frequencies, i know Sony in particular were providing this feature with their TV's. I would imagine its getting more and more common with newer TV's in blighty now.