Whats Your Best Visa Tip

Without many of the tips and opinions of this web site My gf and I would never have a 3 mnth visa to Aus.

There are some basic ones though and I saw several couples fail on the day we went, and I was thinking too bad they hadn't read the Thai Expat Site.

The best tips I found were.

Tip 1. Have your gf dress well for the embassy. ( I think even if your gf is not a bar gir- mine is not- they will think she is unless you can break that with a good first impression) We bought her a nice office style skirt with jacket and white shirt at MBK for about Au$25. She looked brilliant. No flip flops.

I saw a couple go up to counter 4 and she had a sleeveless top exsposing a shoulder Tat. They failed.

2. Go with your GF and dress well yourself. (I think if you dress like your a guest at a wedding then you stand a lot better chance.)

3. Get to know her family. Get photos with her family.Get letters from your own family to her.

4. Build a 6 month record of transaction in her bank account..Open a joint account at a Thai Bank.

5. Have a permanent job with proof of annual income, and some money in the bank.

6. Write your stat dec. saying that you will pay for everything and have pre payed health insurance for her stay.

This is only my opinion. You don't have to be rich. I'm broke and I did it.

I think even if your gf is not a bar gir- mine is not- they will think she is unless you can break that with a good first impression.

Thats just not true mate.And I'm sure there are many thai women from upper society(well off financially, well educated, good family/surname,good careers etc..), who would completely disagree.

But netherless, your tips are good advice for the majority percentile of the 30 million or so females in Thailand.

Can't agree more with Penelope.I think most of the thai people can spot bargirls from miles away. I always said that to get a tourist visa is not difficult as you thought it would be

- a decent job ,you dont have to have a big number in your saving account but acccount that your salary transfer into

- a letter from the office approve the holidays

- bank statement (I never have more than 50,000 thb in it)

- tell them nothing but the truth

- if I got invited from friends, I bring a long an invitation letter.

these are documents that I provided to the embassy USA,Europe and UK never have a problem.

disagree with you too man!, the GF and i travel anywhere we like no problem ask, and never get rejected from any embassy (ofcourse the GF is not a barchick)

like alley said most of the thai people can spot bargirls from miles away, very true

Been thru this both is Aus and NZ.

Most of reggaes points are valid.

Its definitely how you present and the length and proff of relationship.

I can gaurantee problems if you both go scruffy,tarty,ill prepared and beligerent.

After all they are all Public servants on power trips.

I would just like to add that my now wife came to visit me 3 times over the last 5 years as my TGF, and she never had any problems getting a tourist visa for 6 months each time.

She always looks clean and tidy, has a good govt paid job, has a condo and some money in the bank. Never once did she have any hastle.

We may have some hastles now that we are applying for her 47SP to migrate to AU, but time will tell.

:o

Yes,i guess she is fortunate in that either you have set her up in thailand or she had very good job or wealthy family.

It seems to me most of the posters here are dealing with the problems of getting visas for ladies who may not have such backgrounds.