Lost 1 2 Call Sim, Can I Get The Same # Again?

TheBeast

I lost my phone during a drunken evening last night, it was a 1 2 CALL sim card, the phone was a Nokia E70 too so it wasnt cheap. Ofcourse all my gigs and business contacts are missing now. Im pretty angry at myself for not writing them down. Is there a chance of keeping the number even though its 1 2 call? I dont want to switch to AIS plan and i think that might be the only way to keep the number, but not sure.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, The Beast of Bangkok

Hi,normaly you can go to AIS 12call main office and get your sim replaced,you will need to make a report of your phone and sim been stolen,or lost,at the police station,take the report and your passport,last time i had to do this it was 400 baht for the new sim,and it took about 20 minutes altogether in there office.So if your number is very important to you then it's worth paying the 400,but none of your numbers /contacts will be on your new sim.Also show your passport at the police staion then they can write your passport number on the report.

Hi,normaly you can go to AIS 12call main office and get your sim replaced,you will need to make a report of your phone and sim been stolen,or lost,at the police station,take the report and your passport,last time i had to do this it was 400 baht for the new sim,and it took about 20 minutes altogether in there office.So if your number is very important to you then it's worth paying the 400,but none of your numbers /contacts will be on your new sim.Also show your passport at the police staion then they can write your passport number on the report.

I've done this twice, the new SIM was free both times (Telewiz in Emporium). Both times I had to have a police report (costs about 50 baht).

I've done this twice, the new SIM was free both times (Telewiz in Emporium). Both times I had to have a police report (costs about 50 baht).

With DTAC, I was told to go to the police with a piece of paper that the DTAC office gave me. The police filled out a form for me and charged nothing. I took the form to the DTAC office and got a new sim card with my old number on it and my unused money and time, and - again - for no charge.